Does your freestyle libre last the whole 2 weeks?

stayingalive

I'm totally delighted to have the nhs prescribing these for me at last - freestyle libre has helped me knock 10 points off my HBA1c! But the last 4 implants have all lasted less than the advertised 2 weeks, suddenly telling me I'm "Lo" - and continuing to say that - when a finger prick shows 8 or so.
I contacted the company and they replaced one which worked only for a few days. One cut out after 12 days and they didn't replace it, and that's just happened again today. They used to always last two weeks. Have they switched to a cheaper battery?? Is anyone else having this problem?

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Not here. The quality does appear to vary, but I must say Abbott are always prepared to send a new one.

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I developed an allergic reaction to something (probably filament) ih the libre sensors so had to stop routinely using them.
As the allergy developed, I found sensors increasingly sketchy in terms of the accuracy of their readings compared to BG tests and how long they stayed attached at all / how long the filament was still mbedded in the skin.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Is anyone else having this problem?

In two years, touch wood, I seem to have been very lucky. Very early on I did have a sensor which gave me false lows towards the very end of the 14 days. No problems since then.