Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
noblehead said:
borofergie said:
(Anyway - my steak is more pink than it is brown).

Tried a Blue steak once when eating out with my brother-in-law but never again, the blood was spilling out on the plate as I cut into it :(
Well, my wife says I just "wipe it's a*se and tickle it with a match" :lol: :lol:
Just can't stand an "overcooked" steak, it upsets my stomach and my respect for good beef IMHO, but each to their own.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
susanmanley said:
re fish and chips... would the fish be very bad? with perhaps half a dozen chips??

Of course not Susan I eat fish and chips about once a month/two months I drive down to the South Coast to Hastings to my favourite Fish and Chip shop and have either Cod or Haddock and chips. I eat the fish but leave most of the batter and only eat the amount of chips I know I can get away with, then a walk up and down the front window shopping in all the little antique/junk shops and home again :thumbup:

I will also eat one scoop of ice cream when the fancy takes me, doesnt move my bg levels much at all, ice cream is more fat than sugar generally.

The only way you will know what you can and cant eat safely is by testing and if something sends you too high, test it again but eat less you will soon find the portion size that is right for you and you will have fun finding it :thumbup:

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had chicken from the chip shop last night and a jumbo sausage (they're low carb/no carb at my chip shop) and a handful of chips from my wife's plate, was 5.1 before and 5.9 after, so toucan do it, just watch amounts. And choose wisely.

susanmanley

Thank you Sid Bonkers

I am feeling much better about guaging what I can eat and am feeling a bit of a 'pro' at last
Thanks to this site I have a meter [sent by a friend] and lots of very sound advise! From Panic in May to slight confidence now [and got my readings down 4 points]

still learning