Dog Poo Problems.... Again. Need some help please !!

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
Morning all.

I asked some advice on here a while back about folk letting their dogs poo on my front garden which has been recently re turfed and looks lovely.
Nightly (or Morningly) someone does not clear up after their dog. It isn't a cat poo or a fox poo ( Get both of those in my back garden) This is definately a dog poo. At 8.00 this morning it had a 'shine' and I don't reckon it was that old.

I have a new notice which I have attatched to my street light outside my home. Asking folk to clear up after their dog.
It obviously hasn't worked.... Only went up yesterday.....

I saw a guy on the news last week who patrols his village spraying poo with yellow spray paint.

I like this idea but I don't want to use anything that isn't environmentally friendly but don't want to ruin my lawn too much.

Does anyone have any ideas on somehow highlighting the offending poo?

I have looked at a few paints this morning but they are all really expensive. Wondering if there is a home made way I could do this?

I love dogs. But I have to clear up the poo myself before I mow my lawn.

Advice welcome !!

Attachments

• poo 001.JPG
    poo 001.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 189

AnnInDenmark

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know what they are called in English, those paper flags people wave when the queen drives by. Buy a couple of them and stick them in the poos. They are reusable and don't hurt the environment.

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
What a good idea !!

I will look right now...

Thanks Anne...

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all.

I asked some advice on here a while back about folk letting their dogs poo on my front garden which has been recently re turfed and looks lovely.
Nightly (or Morningly) someone does not clear up after their dog. It isn't a cat poo or a fox poo ( Get both of those in my back garden) This is definately a dog poo. At 8.00 this morning it had a 'shine' and I don't reckon it was that old.

I have a new notice which I have attatched to my street light outside my home. Asking folk to clear up after their dog.
It obviously hasn't worked.... Only went up yesterday.....

(Edit: yikes; just looked at the price. £18.50 for a can :eek:. Back to the drawing board.....)

I saw a guy on the news last week who patrols his village spraying poo with yellow spray paint.

I like this idea but I don't want to use anything that isn't environmentally friendly but don't want to ruin my lawn too much.

Does anyone have any ideas on somehow highlighting the offending poo?

I have looked at a few paints this morning but they are all really expensive. Wondering if there is a home made way I could do this?

I love dogs. But I have to clear up the poo myself before I mow my lawn.

Advice welcome !!

Personally I'd get up early one morning, find out who was letting their dog poo in my garden without clearing it up, and spray them with yellow paint. Disgusting and unhygienic....... :mad::mad::mad:

Being a bit less of a knee-jerk reactionary for a moment, is this the stuff you read about?

(Edit: yikes; just looked at the price - £18.50 for a can :eek:. Back to the drawing board .......)

Last edited:

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes the yellow paint stuff was used along a footpath next to the church where I live that a lot of dog walkers including me as well as other people use. You wouldn't believe the amount of poop they marked it was disgusting but it must have worked because there is still the odd one not picked up along there but nothing like it used to be

AnnInDenmark

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Personally I'd get up early one morning, find out who was letting their dog poo in my garden without clearing it up, and spray them with yellow paint. Disgusting and unhygienic....... :mad::mad::mad:

Being a bit less of a knee-jerk reactionary for a moment, is this the stuff you read about?

(Edit: yikes; just looked at the price - £18.50 for a can :eek:. Back to the drawing board .......)

My approach would be fumbling with a water hose. Worked well on my neighbour's cat.
Maybe it would also work on humans..... I mean dogs.
But I believe zolabud is asking for a less confrontational solution.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@zolabud I had this when I moved into my old house. Every single day or maybe twice a day there'd be a dog poo on my lawn. First of all, I thought it was an accident (dog running off and going there) but it was so regular it obviously wasn't.

I tried peeping out the curtains when I heard anyone pass by but that didn't work, so one evening I hid in my porch to one side and watched the path outside my house until I saw someone walk by with a dog Which stopped and sniffed the lawn. I then opened the door really quickly and stared at the dog owner without saying anything at all. He rushed off looking embarrassed. I then did this a second night to be sure. Result - no more dog poo ever again (and I lived there for years so I obviously scared him : D )

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Very interesting replies...

I have had this problem sonce I moved in at the end of January. My son is appalled as he cuts my lawn sometimes and he gave me his CCTV camera which he got fron a chazza shop and didn't have any instructions. I Googled it but couldn't find anything but put it in my kitchen anyway. Along with a sticker on my front door which alerts the public that is CCTV watching them.

Doesn't make any difference at all.... It isn't fox poo as I get that in my back garden and it is long and thin and looks like a slug.
I know that some cats don't bury sometimes but these are obviously dog poos.

I put up my notice last night which says it is an offence not to clear up your dog poo and this morning there was a nice fresh poo on my lawn.

When I asked before on here someone said human urine is apparently a deterent. I have been doing this for weeks and again no change....

I am stumped....

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Just bought this.

https://www.toolstoday.co.uk/stihl-eco-tree-marking-spray

£11 odd including postage which was the cheapest I found.

Some were very expensive and the postage was a joke....

So I will be the yellow peril from now on. And I have an angiogram on Monday and am being picked up between 6 and 6,45 am so I will stealthily look through the half open blinds in my kitchen and hope to catch the dirty ****** (The owner not the dog) in the act.

To be continued.....

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
they realy should clean up after their pooches personally would try catch them and pass them a bag one house i walk past has put a sign up clean up after you dog and left some dog poo bags there for them unsure if it will or not

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I thought of that one Patsy. I have a red rubbish bin with a lid which I thought of hanging some plastic bags from in the hope they would use them. But I don't want to get too stressed about it. I don't get stressed easily but this has made me quite riled.

This morning I was up early as normal but I thought I would try to catch him/her in the act. I had my camera set on motion picture mode and a carrier bag at the ready. I was going to be really nice and just suggest that he/she clears up their mess.
My problem isn't that the dogs **** on my lawn it's that they don't clear it up. Sat by my kitchen window from 6 -7am.
Nothing. Checked the lawn at 9.00 and no fresh craps.

But I have taken on board the idea of flagging the poos. Maybe it has worked....

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I have five dogs and neve rleave the house with out poo bags, i see poo all over the place and wonder why these people leave this for others to tread in it is so irresponsible of the owners and also not healthy...I mean have you seen some of the sizes of the dogs ...big poops and not nice when on the end of your shoe arghhh

C

chris lowe

Is there a dog warden at local council who could advise? I have heard of some councils doing DNA checks on poo which can tell what type of dog it is etc. Other than that get up early a couple of mornings & video them as they go past. You could then pass to council or post on social media

S

Shar67

Get one of those air horns, when tne dog crouches give it a blast, owner will get a fright, all recorded.
Don't forget to share images with us

DumfriesDik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbs
Build a wall!

It would boil my blood as well. I do have a wall and people leave dog muck outside my gate and end of drive. If they can not pick it up and know that it is being done, what a shame they do not send someone else back to do so.

Don't forget to post the footage(s).