doing keto not had much to eat today and just not hungry is it normal ?

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am usually really hungry by this time , but instead I just don't want to eat .

I had bacon eggs mushroom and half of a fresh tomato for breakfast , with coffee and double cream .

Lunch i had some pork from a joint i cooked with some cheese ( found it too strong ) laid heavy on me .

Then at 2 had a coffee with double cream and small piece of dark chocolate.

I am just not hungry and neither is hubby as he is type 2 also and doing keto with me .

Is this normal , we are nearly 7 weeks into keto diet .

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Completely normal yes.. the fats in the food and coffees are keeping you feeling full.

Reactions: Charis1213

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
thanks so we don't need to eat even if that's it for today for food ? would this be healthy ?
Completely healthy.. the "three meals a day" idea is completely fabricated.. far better to eat when you are hungry and stop when full..
For January I'm only eating one meal a day (OMAD) doubt I'll even feel real hunger.. Like you I have coffee with cream 3-5 times a day which keeps me satiated.

Edit to add after about 7 weeks sounds like you are becoming fat adapted.. where the body can draw energy from body fat rather than food so you are effectively living off what you ate in the past and stored up for times of fasting.

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Completely healthy.. the "three meals a day" idea is completely fabricated.. far better to eat when you are hungry and stop when full..
For January I'm only eating one meal a day (OMAD) doubt I'll even feel real hunger.. Like you I have coffee with cream 3-5 times a day which keeps me satiated.

Edit to add after about 7 weeks sounds like you are becoming fat adapted.. where the body can draw energy from body fat rather than food so you are effectively living off what you ate in the past and stored up for times of fasting.
Sounds great thanks , I thought I was having too much coffee with cream , but now I hate milk but only have like you three to five cups a day so seems its going well :)

Reactions: jjraak

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds great thanks , I thought I was having too much coffee with cream , but now I hate milk but only have like you three to five cups a day so seems its going well :)
Depends on the amount of cream.. I have a tablespoon in each of my 400ml mugs.. and yes I do measure it each time!

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Completely normal yes.. the fats in the food and coffees are keeping you feeling full.
When I have cream in my coffee in the morning, then another an hour or so later. I never want lunch. This is when |I will just have my evening meal. I just have one coffee then for lunch, I will have something light, like 2 eggs fried in butter with spinach. So you are right bulkbiker...

Reactions: Charis1213

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When I have cream in my coffee in the morning, then another an hour or so later. I never want lunch. This is when |I will just have my evening meal. I just have one coffee then for lunch, I will have something light, like 2 eggs fried in butter with spinach. So you are right bulkbiker...
You only eat 2 eggs all day fried in butter with spinach ?

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
You only eat 2 eggs all day fried in butter with spinach ?
If I have one coffee with cream I will have lunch, like 2 eggs and spinach but if I have two coffees in the morning with cream I skip lunch, and just have one meal a day. That could be pork strips with veg, or minced beef with white cabbage etc. I have been known to just have 2 eggs fried in butter spinach and bacon for an evening meal which also would be one meal that day. I really do not feel hungry because of the cream and frying in butter and the fat on the bacon. Later I may have a few nuts that eveing

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If I have one coffee with cream I will have lunch, like 2 eggs and spinach but if I have two coffees in the morning with cream I skip lunch, and just have one meal a day. That could be pork strips with veg, or minced beef with white cabbage etc. I have been known to just have 2 eggs fried in butter spinach and bacon for an evening meal which also would be one meal that day. I really do not feel hungry because of the cream and frying in butter and the fat on the bacon. Later I may have a few nuts that eveing
Wow I eat a lot more than that... but if you feel good on it..

Reactions: jjraak

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I took my blo0d sugar reading just now and its 5.4 . I feel full lol not ready to eat a thing . Off for a walk on the promenade soon .

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi, i am finding all this so interesting.

sat on the sidelines and just low carb at moment...(but using butter, bacon, etc as normal )
But tonight, (not normally a'sweet' lover)..i bought double cream and strawberries, to try out.

cooked a nice meal, had cream & strawberries for pudding...(pudding is NOT something i normally have)
And i'm sat here, thinking..i don't have that usual 'hunger' for that late night snack, a square of chocolate etc...?

I guess it's the cream ?
Not a coffee lover, but may have to try the coffee and cream route for a while.

Sorry to interrupt, just that everyday on here is a School Day.

Reactions: set-in-stone

set-in-stone

hi, i am finding all this so interesting.

sat on the sidelines and just low carb at moment...(but using butter, bacon, etc as normal )
But tonight, (not normally a'sweet' lover)..i bought double cream and strawberries, to try out.

cooked a nice meal, had cream & strawberries for pudding...(pudding is NOT something i normally have)
And i'm sat here, thinking..i don't have that usual 'hunger' for that late night snack, a square of chocolate etc...?

I guess it's the cream ?
Not a coffee lover, but may have to try the coffee and cream route for a while.

Sorry to interrupt, just that everyday on here is a School Day.

Good luck @jjraak
Not a coffee person myself, but I do find cream tastes better for me in coffee. Can’t stand cream in tea. I changed to decaf.
Diet Doctor has a good basic recipe for the bullet proof coffee which you can adapt to suit