1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Doner naan help?

Discussion in 'Food, Nutrition and Recipes' started by lynde89, Aug 29, 2013.

1. lynde89

lynde89 · Well-Known Member

Hi,

I had a take out last night, had a doner naan, in the carbs & cals book it said 8cp so I injected for that, but before bed I was 17, & now this morning I was 18!

Has anyone else had this or something similar? I know it's a lot of 'filler' in that type of food but could it vary that much?

Thanks for any help!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

2. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Not sure what the carb content of the Naan would be without looking it up but 8 CP's sounds about right, as you say the meat contains fillers and the chilli sauce will contain sugar too so the overall carb content of the meal might have been higher. The Naan's do vary in size so could it be possible that the one you ate was above the norm, with a high fat meal such as a kebab I have to split my insulin dose to prevent a postprandial rise many hours later.

3. lynde89

lynde89 · Well-Known Member

I thought I might have underestimated it! I thought it might be more so should have gone with my instinct.

I definitely think I need to split my dose on more meals as I tend to get the same with similar foods.

Thank you for the reply!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook