1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Dr Michael Moseley Fast 800 success

Discussion in 'Weight Loss and Dieting' started by DebbyC, Sep 24, 2019.

1. DebbyC

DebbyC Type 2 · Member

Hi all

I’ve not really been on the forum since I joined in 2013, but after 6 years of being a type 2 diabetic I’ve managed to reverse it. I did 12 weeks of The Fast 800 diet and have lost 2 stone, it’s basically a low carb, low sugar Mediterranean diet with delicious food and also involves some fasting. My HbA1c has gone from 53 to 35 I have also dropped 2 dress sizes, my skin and hair are in great condition and I feel amazing. Just wanted to share my success, wish the books could be given out through the NHS to all type 2 diabetics. I’d like to loose another stone then carry on with this way of eating for life but obviously eating more calories to maintain my weight - hope this benefits someone

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

3. DebbyC

DebbyC Type 2 · Member

Thank you ☺️

4. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

5. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

It does help @DebbyC, because it emphasises that there are several ways to gain control, and encourages others to seek their own individual solution.
    Well done! Keep posting.

6. DebbyC

DebbyC Type 2 · Member

7. DebbyC

DebbyC Type 2 · Member

Thank you and I feel so much better for it, will still be checked every year but I will continue to follow this way of eating

8. Aly1

Aly1 Type 2 · Member

Well done Debby! How was the journey? I hesitate to join it as I think 800 cals a day would make me miserable and lose focus on work. Any tips?

9. DebbyC

DebbyC Type 2 · Member

Hi

I can honestly say I was hungry for a few days and then after that I was fine, after 4 weeks on the plan I dropped to 2 meals a day as anymore was just too much, I’m now doing 5:2 and still loosing weight, I only have another 9.5lbs to loose to get to my goal weight. After only a couple of weeks I had more energy, the brain fog lifted, I run twice a week now and walk everywhere. I feel amazing. My nurse has been amazed with the results, she has bought a copy of the book and is going to read it and recommend it to the practice to help other diabetics there, if you’re interested there is a group on Facebook called 800 Fast community you could join and see the results people are getting. Hope this helps and good luck on your journey

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. Aly1

Aly1 Type 2 · Member

Thanks for sharing. I'll join the FB group. Cheers :)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook