Dr Michael Moseley Fast 800 success

DebbyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all

I’ve not really been on the forum since I joined in 2013, but after 6 years of being a type 2 diabetic I’ve managed to reverse it. I did 12 weeks of The Fast 800 diet and have lost 2 stone, it’s basically a low carb, low sugar Mediterranean diet with delicious food and also involves some fasting. My HbA1c has gone from 53 to 35 I have also dropped 2 dress sizes, my skin and hair are in great condition and I feel amazing. Just wanted to share my success, wish the books could be given out through the NHS to all type 2 diabetics. I’d like to loose another stone then carry on with this way of eating for life but obviously eating more calories to maintain my weight - hope this benefits someone

Reactions: lcarter and Pipp

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all

I’ve not really been on the forum since I joined in 2013, but after 6 years of being a type 2 diabetic I’ve managed to reverse it. I did 12 weeks of The Fast 800 diet and have lost 2 stone, it’s basically a low carb, low sugar Mediterranean diet with delicious food and also involves some fasting. My HbA1c has gone from 53 to 35 I have also dropped 2 dress sizes, my skin and hair are in great condition and I feel amazing. Just wanted to share my success, wish the books could be given out through the NHS to all type 2 diabetics. I’d like to loose another stone then carry on with this way of eating for life but obviously eating more calories to maintain my weight - hope this benefits someone
It does help @DebbyC, because it emphasises that there are several ways to gain control, and encourages others to seek their own individual solution.
Well done! Keep posting.

DebbyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you and I feel so much better for it, will still be checked every year but I will continue to follow this way of eating

Aly1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cooking, gym, dieting
Well done Debby! How was the journey? I hesitate to join it as I think 800 cals a day would make me miserable and lose focus on work. Any tips?

DebbyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done Debby! How was the journey? I hesitate to join it as I think 800 cals a day would make me miserable and lose focus on work. Any tips?

Hi

I can honestly say I was hungry for a few days and then after that I was fine, after 4 weeks on the plan I dropped to 2 meals a day as anymore was just too much, I’m now doing 5:2 and still loosing weight, I only have another 9.5lbs to loose to get to my goal weight. After only a couple of weeks I had more energy, the brain fog lifted, I run twice a week now and walk everywhere. I feel amazing. My nurse has been amazed with the results, she has bought a copy of the book and is going to read it and recommend it to the practice to help other diabetics there, if you’re interested there is a group on Facebook called 800 Fast community you could join and see the results people are getting. Hope this helps and good luck on your journey

Aly1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cooking, gym, dieting
Hi

I can honestly say I was hungry for a few days and then after that I was fine, after 4 weeks on the plan I dropped to 2 meals a day as anymore was just too much, I’m now doing 5:2 and still loosing weight, I only have another 9.5lbs to loose to get to my goal weight. After only a couple of weeks I had more energy, the brain fog lifted, I run twice a week now and walk everywhere. I feel amazing. My nurse has been amazed with the results, she has bought a copy of the book and is going to read it and recommend it to the practice to help other diabetics there, if you’re interested there is a group on Facebook called 800 Fast community you could join and see the results people are getting. Hope this helps and good luck on your journey

Thanks for sharing. I'll join the FB group. Cheers :)

Chatterbox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Feeling hungry! “Should you be eating that?” “ You get it because you eat wrong”
Just wanted to say another Well Done!!! I also want to ask if your ingredients were easy to find? Expensive?

surdoux

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Idiots
I'm on my second week on this diet, and so far, so good. I'm lucky that my wife has joined me (she's wonderful), despite not being diabetic. I bought the 800 diet book, among others when I was first diagnosed a few weeks ago. We (or I should say, the wife) follows some of the recipes exactly, but has modified some, as many are a bit too 'exotic' and seem to have been tarted up, in an arty farty way, possibly to pander to the with it, 'woke' section of the population. Having less to eat has not been a problem as such, nor has the loss of the nasty starchy stuff that I love, as it is a price that must be paid in order to allay the onset of this disease. Almost two weeks in, and we have both lost around 11 pounds and feel great. My wife, who has attended Slimming World for the last 10 years is in danger of being ostracised by her fellow fat club members for losing so much weight by not following their programme, and several of her so called friends from the group aren't talking to her (although several are quietly asking her how she did it).If anyone is interested, I'll post further updates on progress.

Reactions: Petal55

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For those that have done, or thoroughly investigated, both how does this vary from the Newcastle diet?

As far as I can see it’s food rather than shakes and 8 weeks rather than 12. Anything else?

Both are 800 calories and a short sharp shock to reduce visceral fat and hopefully restore some insulin sensitivity it seems.

Reactions: Lizzyr59

surdoux

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Idiots
I can only say that from a purely personal point of view, I did not fancy only having shakes for meals for an extended period, although the odd one for 'busy' periods would be fine. On the other hand, having a tightly controlled regime that needs little or no preparation effort has some redeeming features, although, as I said, it would not do for me. The 800 diet is working well and allows for some flexibility.

Reactions: Lizzyr59