Drank 6l of water in 2 days

Raymond J

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So, i bought a 6 pack of 1.5l buxton water, and i've drank 6l in the past 2 days, and i feel dizzy.
idk if this comes in part with my t1, my levels are normal.

NaijaChick

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
After the first 2L did you add any type of electrolytes or salt to the water?

NaijaChick

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
As a Type1 6 litres over 2 days is a lot. Please remember that if your eating then you would also have had water from your food so more than likely you had more than 6 litres.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3 litres of water is my minimum intake daily. I aim for about 4.
This has been informed by some snazzy pee dipsticks that I was using to check my ketone levels (I eat ketogenically).
They happened to also tell me that my urine was showing signs of dehydration when I only drank 2.75 litres. So now I aim for at least 3, preferably more.

Obviously, your circumstances are very different from mine, but it goes to show that a generous water intake is not in itself a bad thing.

All you need to do is ensure that the rest of your food, drink, activity and lifestyle are also balanced - enough electrolytes, correct medication at the correct times, etc. etc. and listen to your own body.

Reactions: Incyb

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Raymond, I'm another person who needs to drink quite a lot daily, but if it's not usual for you to be drinking this much and you don't feel well on it, best to get it checked out.

Did you drink the 6ltrs because you were very thirsty and felt you needed to, or for another reason?

Raymond J

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I drink usually because i'm bored, to be honest most of the time I'm on my computer, just minding my own bussiness and listening to music, if i get bored because i've got nothing to do, I'll drink or eat.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
That seems a lot of water!

D

Deleted member 308541

That seems a lot of water!
I go through about 4 x 600 ml bottles of water a day, plus the other fluids I have. I do live in a hotter climate than the OP though.

Got to keep hydrated here.

NaijaChick

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok. Your messing with your electrolytes and maybe damaging your heart/kidneys. You need to research this before it starts affecting you.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I drink usually because i'm bored, to be honest most of the time I'm on my computer, just minding my own bussiness and listening to music, if i get bored because i've got nothing to do, I'll drink or eat.

Hi @Raymond J ,

It's very easy to lose track of what's been eaten when having a chill day. (Along with other stuff.)
What have your blood levels been doing?

Incyb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I drink 2.5 to 3 litres of water a day, and it has had no ill effects on me. I use lo-salt for cooking, take magnesium supplements, and swallow chunks of Himalayan pink salt too if I'm fasting for a while. I drank that amount even before I got T2, because I like it!

rmz80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
You can usually tell dehydration if you pinch the skin on the back of your hand and it doesn't immediately spring back.