1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Dreaded Annual Review with DN ... and I'm so chuffed!

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Chook, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Chook

Chook Type 2 · Expert

I hate my annual review with the DN, she always has made me feel like a naughty schoolgirl. But this time it was a new DN (who also has T2) and she was all praise. My HbA1C was 5.7 and every other reading/test was good or excellent. I'm down 2st 5lbs on this time last year and I showed her on my bg monitor how on August 20th my post dinner reading was 32.2 and the next morning's fasting reading was 26.3 whereas this morning's fasting reading was 4.7. Even though I eat a LOT of eggs my cholesterol was down to 4.2 with the good cholesteral being about double the bad cholesterol. Not really sure what this means but she seemed very happy about it.

It was so refreshing to have a medical professional who was interested in the low carb way of life - enough to take notes for her own use.

This is ENTIRELY due to low carbing with medium fat.

• Like Like x 21
  2. viviennem

viviennem Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Well done, Chook!

Don't worry about the eggs. They contain good cholesterol, not the bad stuff, and are excellent for low-carbers. I eat 2 every morning - 14 every week.

Viv13 :cool:

• Like Like x 4
  3. vintageutopia

vintageutopia Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Fantastic! Congratulations on your hard work.

4. DeejayR

DeejayR Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Excellent news. Well done.

5. Gezzabelle

Gezzabelle Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Brilliant result ....very well done :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. seanj67

seanj67 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Brilliant, well done you :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Medusa41

Medusa41 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Fabulous - well done

8. SunnyExpat

SunnyExpat Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

Brilliant result.

Low carb, medium fat, seems to be the way to do it, I've have good results from a similar diet!

9. Chook

Chook Type 2 · Expert

Thank you for your congratuations. I have gained a lot of knowledge and inspiration from reading the thrreads on this forum, especially the threads where people diarise what they have eaten that day and the recipe threads. I think the secret to successful low carbing is variety. I have always found myself getting stuck in a rut when it comes to menus but due to you lovely people I have been eating some amazing food.

• Like Like x 5
  10. amanda19640

amanda19640 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Well done u

11. smag3

smag3 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

That is so good, and lucky you to find a nurse who listens. I posted recently to say my DB nurse had never heard of LCHF! But she rang me recently to say she had spoken to another diabetic nurse and she said with test results like that to tell me to keep doing what I am doing! So I am!

• Like Like x 6
  12. Chook

Chook Type 2 · Expert

Isn't it lovely to find a way of eating that produces good bg result, makes us feel good AND tastes great?

I'm even winning over my husband to the concept of low carbing. Yesterday, apart from some strawberries, he had exactly the same to eat as me and didn't slump on to the sofa to doze after his Sunday dinner.

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook