Dream Job

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Full colour printer.

However, even when young and as a sports nutter. I always wanted to play at Wembley.
I achieved this at the young age of sixty plus years. As part of the staff of my hometown club!

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Aishia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
O
I never though about it much when I was a child. But all my relatives said I should be a teacher.
But I diden t want to be a teacher really not to please anybody really. So art college when I was a bit older
But then caring and other things took over.But I still paint (self taught) Some people say that the paintings are professional standard. . That gives me a lot of confident.

My daughter when she was a child said that she wanted to be a Spy.Would have really exciting really.

diamonddamaris

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s funny how life doesn’t always go the way you think it will. I was a Carer for a family member for 6 years. Kinda makes you realise how short life can be sometimes and we take it for granted.

Reactions: Aishia and Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I didn't mention that the majority of my working life (35 years) was on the production line in a car factory.
I still have the occasional nightmare!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
You’re lucky. When I go to the hairdresser to get my highlights done I can be in the hairdresser for 3 hours.
I have to take the wife, but excuse myself not long after arriving! Three hours would have my anxiety through the roof.
I cannot believe the fuss made over going bald.
It has never bothered me!

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Mine too. To say nothing of what the fumes would do to my sinuses.
Its the acid perm lotion that's the killer, I am certain as well as burning the hands it acts as smelling salts when passed out!

• Informative
Reactions: SaskiaKC

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wanted to go on stage. Ironically, now at last I have the time to join the local AmDram, I am getting forgetful and wouldn't want to risk forgetting my lines!

Laineybod

I wanted to be a doctor or an astronaut. In reality I wanted star wars or star trek style space flight, not what we have lol. As for medicine, I get anxious enough with small decisions never mind life or death. I ended up in a university cardiovascular research lab then I became my son's carer. That's where I am now, it's hard and not great when he is trying to force feed me sweets but such is life (I think he is worried about me not eating the same and losing weight but doesn't understand it's a good thing, we have lost several loved ones so that doesn't help his worry I think).