Drinking alcohol

Bigyin 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
going to a wedding in Ireland ,last one ended as a three day bender,newly diagnosed diabetic,read about 3/4 units but not going to happen,advice please

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
going to a wedding in Ireland ,last one ended as a three day bender,newly diagnosed diabetic,read about 3/4 units but not going to happen,advice please
I know what you mean. Why bother having a drink at all if that is all we can have. If I go out for an evening I will have two glasses of wine, and if I am really naughty three, but I do not go out that often and the wine does not seem to spike my BG levels. This is not to say that it may not spike somebody else's though. I will have a cheeky couple on a Friday night

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
I alternate my wine consumption with a glass of water or diet pop (easier on the system).

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Guidelines are just that, however if you are keen to get good BG control then try drinking say red wine and also water between each one to keep your body hydrated, otherwise have a great time, the Irish do host some amazing celebrations ;)

Bigyin 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just have my normal 8/10 pints each day ,not going to worry about it,up until 14 days ago was oblivious to this condition,so will behave myself for a while after my trip