mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I don't inject for alcohol. Initially, your BS rises but quickly followed by a drop. Test before going to sleep. I always have a snack too. Obviously, don't go mad with the booze. Everything in moderation.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly
Hi, Drinking can get quite complicated with diabetes. I'm type 1 too. Be prepared for a few ups and downs, still after 17 odd year I sometimes get it wrong on a night out.

The main advice I would give is always back up your alcoholic drinks with some carbohydrate as alcohol can significantly lower bloody sugars. Most of the time they will spike because of the sugar content of alcopops/beer etc however, hours later, often during sleep you can have a nasty night hypo.

I usually have a big tea with a few extra carbs before I go out, I only give the insulin for the main meal, not the extra carbs i.e bread /small chocolate bar/biscuit or fruit.

Stay safe, carry extra glucose tablets/sweets with you and if you can keep an eye on your sugar levels whilst your dancing the night away :lol:

chhabra

I have 2-3large scotches every nite have been last 35years on 290 units of insulin daily along with byetta been fine just check my blood sugars at nite also