Driving and diabetes

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok apologies, I stand corrected. Was sure I'd read the opposite somewhere though.

No, certainly the last 4 or 5 years this has been the case. The notes I posted were updated November 2014 by the looks of it so pretty well up to date. I changed my licence last September, having filled in the questionnaire in late June and waited for them to deal with their usual backlog!!

It is prudent to have an idea of what your meds do to your bloods of course but with GPs constantly cutting the number of strips and meters for non insulin users, this is becoming much harder. I have to say though that none of the oral meds ever gave me a hypo, nor Victoza, so I think they rely on the fact that for most people that is also the case.

Ali

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Every person that drives though should be aware and check that their meds do not require DVLA notification.....

All patients on meds should be made aware that some can impact on driving abilities!!! And some, nit just diabetic insulin ones are notifiable.

Makes me annoyed when I hear of other persons on notifiable drugs and nothing mentioned to them about telling DVLA.