Driving licence

2430butch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi i have just had my driving licences suspended after a low reading at 0400hrs. Can this count as a nocturnal hypo? and how can i appeal , this has stopped my ability to work as i was a driver trainer assessor.
e
regards
graham

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
you should only have it suspended/revoked if you had more than one severe hypo needing help from another person in 12 months I think....

the details of the above may be inaccurate but from what you have described you should still have your license.....

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
@2430butch I presume it is your cat 2 licence that has been revoked rather than your ordinary car licence?
I take it that the low/hypo neccesitated asistance from a 3rd party.
Please let us have the full details to allow us to comment/help

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hi i have just had my driving licences suspended after a low reading at 0400hrs. Can this count as a nocturnal hypo? and how can i appeal , this has stopped my ability to work as i was a driver trainer assessor.
e
regards
graham
If you didn't need any help to treat the hypo then a low reading isn't an issue and as already stated it's two hypos with assistance that revokes a licence that's unless you have a higher licence such as HGV, the rules regarding hypo's needing assistance at night are not in place yet from what I understand it could be another couple of years before that comes into effect.