Dry Cough

halesb

Hiya can anybody recommend a cough medicine i can take for a dry cough please ?
I have Type 2 Diabetes and am taking Metformin

Cheers
:wink:

benniesmum

Dislikes
My Doc right now
Try Robitussen. According to my pharmacist, this is the only one that is sugar free.

Or try inhaling steam - that can be even better!

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
halesb said:
Hiya can anybody recommend a cough medicine i can take for a dry cough please ?
I have Type 2 Diabetes and am taking Metformin

Do you take an ACE inhibitor (captopril, enalapril, lisinopril, and ramipril)
for hypertension by any chance? If so then read from the link below.
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/484537_2

halesb

Hiya no i don't take anything like that as i'm newly diagnoised and am due to see the practice nurse for the diet & lifestyle chat and the first appointments
:)

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
Yes, Robitussen is what my Pharmacist said I could take. My GP recommended steam - I do not deny this works but when I am coughing at 3.00 am in the morning I really do not want to be troubled with going through that process, also find that those Halls' Methol sugar free throat sweets are very good for helping with the wretched tickle.

I am currently undergoing my second cold since September and it is not a pretty sight, so you do have my sympathy - this cough is just horrendous :roll:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
halesb said:
Hiya no i don't take anything like that as i'm newly diagnoised and am due to see the practice nurse for the diet & lifestyle chat and the first appointments
:)

All I would say is have a chat with the pharmacist before buying anything for your dry cough, this way you won't come home with something that is unsuitable for diabetics! :)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I have had an annoying dry cough for many weeks now which seems to come from the throat. It won't stop on its own. I have found that sucking Tyrozets stops it straight away. This is a medication for sore throats. In Switzerland you don't need a prescription for it so I imagine its the same in the UK.