Dry Pallet At Nights

webboy

Hi all

i have a very dry pallet at night which wants me dash to the kitchen to grab a glass of water , this not only interrupts my sleeping pattern leaving my very tied in the day time.

Does anybody have any good food tips that can keep the pallet calm during the night so i dont have to get up for drink

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi webboy I see no one has answered your question yet so I'll have a go. This could be a number of things so it is probably best to see your doctor and ask his/her advice.

Do you test your blood glucose (bg) levels? Running high bg levels can cause the symptoms you describe there are also some drugs that can cause similar symptoms but without knowing if you are on any medication it is not possible to comment on this. There will also be lots of other things that I am unaware of, so do see your doctor :D

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
As Sid says elevated and prolonged blood glucose can cause a dry mouth but this could be a number of other conditions too, I suggest you see your gp and discuss.

Nigel

webboy

No Durgs ,

Today was the best sleep of my life , just looking back at me food intake , i had a mash potatoes and a mince also some some chicken wings. So going to cut out the potatoes and see if it make a difference.

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
I suffer from dry mouth ,,, side effect from drugs

In the day chewing Gum works very well

Night time brush your teeth well , I keep bottle of tonic water by the bedside
BUT only take small sips Otherwise your be off to the loo

Bob

webboy

Yes that's correct , I am trying to cut down this lou visits a fast a possible as i wake up every 2 hours which can be very annoying when you work from home.

I had the best sleep Yesterday but will keep you all posted . (my first reading today was 22mml)
all the other days has been at HI which i though my gosh i should really get my act togehter.

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
I suffer a dry mouth too, I keep a bottle of water on my bedside table, but also I sometimes put vapour rub under my nose to keep it unblocked to encourage me to breathe through my nose. I find breathing through my mouth dries it out quicker!

webboy

Dry Mouth , problem looks like its going away yippe... (fingers crossed) had a good sleep today , Reading are very good !!!