1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Dry Pallet At Nights

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by webboy, May 14, 2011.

1. webboy

webboy · Member

Hi all

i have a very dry pallet at night which wants me dash to the kitchen to grab a glass of water , this not only interrupts my sleeping pattern leaving my very tied in the day time.

Does anybody have any good food tips that can keep the pallet calm during the night so i dont have to get up for drink

2. Sid Bonkers

Sid Bonkers Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi webboy I see no one has answered your question yet so I'll have a go. This could be a number of things so it is probably best to see your doctor and ask his/her advice.

Do you test your blood glucose (bg) levels? Running high bg levels can cause the symptoms you describe there are also some drugs that can cause similar symptoms but without knowing if you are on any medication it is not possible to comment on this. There will also be lots of other things that I am unaware of, so do see your doctor :D

3. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

As Sid says elevated and prolonged blood glucose can cause a dry mouth but this could be a number of other conditions too, I suggest you see your gp and discuss.

Nigel

4. webboy

webboy · Member

No Durgs ,

Today was the best sleep of my life , just looking back at me food intake , i had a mash potatoes and a mince also some some chicken wings. So going to cut out the potatoes and see if it make a difference.

5. bowell

bowell · Well-Known Member

I suffer from dry mouth ,,, side effect from drugs

In the day chewing Gum works very well

Night time brush your teeth well , I keep bottle of tonic water by the bedside
    BUT only take small sips Otherwise your be off to the loo

Bob

6. webboy

webboy · Member

Yes that's correct , I am trying to cut down this lou visits a fast a possible as i wake up every 2 hours which can be very annoying when you work from home.

I had the best sleep Yesterday but will keep you all posted . (my first reading today was 22mml)
    all the other days has been at HI which i though my gosh i should really get my act togehter.

7. Gappy

Gappy · Well-Known Member

I suffer a dry mouth too, I keep a bottle of water on my bedside table, but also I sometimes put vapour rub under my nose to keep it unblocked to encourage me to breathe through my nose. I find breathing through my mouth dries it out quicker!

8. webboy

webboy · Member

Dry Mouth , problem looks like its going away yippe... (fingers crossed) had a good sleep today , Reading are very good !!!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook