Dry Skin

Smeks125

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Please help I have been on insulin 3 months now and my skin is like sandpaper I have never had dry skin like this and occasionally it's really itchy I drink loads of water but still really dry Please help

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
I have been type 1 for over 43 years and I have found a tendency to dry skin and itchiness when blood sugars are elevated.
I usually use an emollient cream to help relieve symptoms ( as well as getting bloods down to 5.0 to 7.0 :)

N

NicolaB70

I suffer from very dry skin and I brought a bottle of Palmers Cocoa Butter moisturising lotion. I use it liberally morning and night and it has done wonders for my skin. I have a large long scar on my leg and my skin around it was awful and out of all the creams I've used this one is the only one that keeps it hydrated and my scar looks so much better now. No more dry skin for me

Smeks125

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I suffer from very dry skin and I brought a bottle of Palmers Cocoa Butter moisturising lotion. I use it liberally morning and night and it has done wonders for my skin. I have a large long scar on my leg and my skin around it was awful and out of all the creams I've used this one is the only one that keeps it hydrated and my scar looks so much better now. No more dry skin for me
Thanks I will try that

Smeks125

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have been type 1 for over 43 years and I have found a tendency to dry skin and itchiness when blood sugars are elevated.
I usually use an emollient cream to help relieve symptoms ( as well as getting bloods down to 5.0 to 7.0 :)
Thanks

Reactions: 2 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dry skin is also a sign of underactive thyroid. Worth checking while doing blood test

Nidge247

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Since being diagnosed I have been plagued with dry itchy skin. The docs prescribed both E45 and Doublebase creams, but these just seemed to 'melt' the skin and made matters worse.

Finally I sought the advice of our village pharmacist and she suggested Diprobase Ointment (not the cream); wow! A huge difference in 48hrs, and now I use it 2-3 times a week to keep my skin soft and supple.

Reactions: 2 people

Smeks125

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Since being diagnosed I have been plagued with dry itchy skin. The docs prescribed both E45 and Doublebase creams, but these just seemed to 'melt' the skin and made matters worse.

Finally I sought the advice of our village pharmacist and she suggested Diprobase Ointment (not the cream); wow! A huge difference in 48hrs, and now I use it 2-3 times a week to keep my skin soft and supple.
Thanks will speak to the pharmacy about that

bevan1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Please help I have been on insulin 3 months now and my skin is like sandpaper I have never had dry skin like this and occasionally it's really itchy I drink loads of water but still really dry Please help

I'm on tablets but my hands are like sand paper recently I have no idea why just sugar levels are not good