Dunno

grante

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know before anyone says people with type 1 diabetes has it it harder than us with type 2.

But last night I have to say I'd had enough of all the carb watching, blood testing and went out of my my way and got wasted. Does anyone just get so fed up of the constant battle of keeping you sugar levels low.

So this morning despite all the alcohol my bloods are ok .

Im just so hacked off and now have a hangover too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

D

Deleted Account

As a type 1, I often get hacked off with diabetes. However, I have no belief that one type is any better or worse than the other.
Personally, I find it easier to inject every day than watch my diet but others may find the injections harder.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @grante. I don't think personally any type of diabetes is easier or harder than the others.
They all present there own challenges. Your challenge and frustration is I suspect the restrictions on your diet, not as big a problem for me, of which I am thankful. The 2.1 the other morning whilst asleep, well maybe a challenge you're lucky not to have. We both have it easy and hard. One thing we both have is a condition that really pi**es off and we have to say enough is enough and switch off for a while.
You'll be back on track as soon as the hangover goes.
Good luck and don't undermine your condition.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Just to say... I'm t1 and always say that T2 and others have it harder than us.... and I believe that.

I can survive eating what I want... easier than a T2. I have had to change my eating from low carb to more high carb from bnut squash, swede etc- mushy veg only allowed.

I can adjust when I need to. Easier.

Due to other restrictions on my stomach I too have a blow out (and pay for it horrendously though) and despite that I enjoy that blow out and that moment of enjoying my food unrestricted. Yep,I do know (for me) I will pay for it... but heck I am human!!!

Sorry, it is so hard to restrict food on a permanent basis and to not have a pure indulgence ever....

Friends of mine are tube fed through gastroparesis. They also go through hell with not experiencing the actual delights that food can give.

Heck, we are human.we are given taste buds for a reason. All admiration to anybody that says they never have a day off....in all honesty,I think everyone would admit to some time off a lchf if they are totally honest. Even jpeg persons fed by tube like to buy boiled sweets to suck to give their taste buds what they need..

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Move on, accept you are human!!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I fully understand. I wonder if it is easier or harder when one has no symptoms. This happened to me when I had my worst wobble and I fully expect it to happen again at some point. Nurse your hangover and start again.

Reactions: donnellysdogs