DVLA notification

south711

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
being a diabetic and finding restrictions.to life style. people who do not understand the problems one has. not being able to afford to come back to uk for holidays as often, quite expensive. miss some foods that the French do not do. but can live with that French drivers. who love to tail gate. and they love to drive over the white line. in rural areas they are a pain. but get use to it. does put the wind up you. But driving in the UK found that drivers want to get as close as they can. and the traffic. it took me 25 minutes to get to friends house which was less then a mile away. due to traffic.
This is the first time I have heard that DVLA is notified of diabetes. Who tells them. I have a French driving licence original licence was in the Uk, but as you get older the French do not have cut off date Well at the moment. like the UK. nothing on that relates to medical problems.
First I have heard of this.
I really did not know that they could revoke your licence.

I drive to UK. not had a problem stay overnight in hotel etc. to break the journey. the journey is long over 7 hours.
so need the break. tried sleeping in car. but uncomfortable and can get chilly . so thought best thing to have a break. you can get very cheap places to stay for one night

But would like the info on DVLA.

south711

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
being a diabetic and finding restrictions.to life style. people who do not understand the problems one has. not being able to afford to come back to uk for holidays as often, quite expensive. miss some foods that the French do not do. but can live with that French drivers. who love to tail gate. and they love to drive over the white line. in rural areas they are a pain. but get use to it. does put the wind up you. But driving in the UK found that drivers want to get as close as they can. and the traffic. it took me 25 minutes to get to friends house which was less then a mile away. due to traffic.
Many thanks have checked thru the information. To be honest it is the first I have heard of this. I am on tablets.
I suppose I should notify my insurance here in France. But there is nothing relating to the information in any paperwork I have.
Typical, they seem to make it very difficult to communicate.
My Doctor knows that I will be driving to UK soon. did not seem to have a problem with that. always make sure I am well stocked up while travelling.
Thanks again Anne

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No, you don't have to tell the DVLA if you are on gliclazide @julifriend - just insulin. Of course you have to be more careful if you are on gliclazide and test regularly.

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No, you don't have to tell the DVLA if you are on gliclazide @julifriend - just insulin. Of course you have to be more careful if you are on gliclazide and test regularly.

Okay, my misunderstanding which was based on what I was told on my Xpert course. However, if you don't meet the requirements of the guidelines detailed in INF188/2 then you do.