Dvla

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I’m currently filling in forms for my 3 year driving licence. I’ve come to the section of medication do I fill in just what I take for diabetes or everything I take? Thanks

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I’m currently filling in forms for my 3 year driving licence. I’ve come to the section of medication do I fill in just what I take for diabetes or everything I take? Thanks

If it says what medications do you take

List everything
At least that way there is no comeback

If they contact your gp the gp will just attach a list of everything

So long as there are no meds that dvla require notification on then there will not be an issue

If it says what do you take for you diabetes then only list diabetes meds

Can’t remember that form it’s a few years since I’ve done it as I have a slightly different form

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
If it says what medications do you take

List everything
At least that way there is no comeback

If they contact your gp the gp will just attach a list of everything

So long as there are no meds that dvla require notification on then there will not be an issue

If it says what do you take for you diabetes then only list diabetes meds

Can’t remember that form it’s a few years since I’ve done it as I have a slightly different form
Thanks, it just asks me to list what medications I take so I’ll just put the lot down.

Carl40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
On this, about a month ago i sent back acceptance of the three year licence terms and never heard anything back. Wasn't sure if I was supposed to... was expecting a new licence with a shorter expiry date on it or is this all handled behind the scenes?

Thanks

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
On this, about a month ago i sent back acceptance of the three year licence terms and never heard anything back. Wasn't sure if I was supposed to... was expecting a new licence with a shorter expiry date on it or is this all handled behind the scenes?

Thanks

No.. your license should be returned to you with a shorter expiry date 3yrs

Reactions: Carl40

Carl40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks I best get on to them as its taken ages.

Actually, just checked it online and my licence has been updated as of 30th March so I expect it must be in the post.

Has taken them ages to do that though!

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Actually, just checked it online and my licence has been updated as of 30th March so I expect it must be in the post.

Has taken them ages to do that though!

A lot of people still home working if it’s been updated it will arrive in a couple of days

Reactions: Carl40