1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Eating Out Normally Again Is Something I Dream Of

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by If_only, Jun 9, 2021.

1. HSSS

HSSS Type 2 · Expert

Lol I thought it was something you cooked and was joking. Nice to know I really could go get it somewhere though! Thanks.

2. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It would be quite easy to recreate, just not as pretty, or costly! ( and this is a thread about what to eat when eating out)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Daphne917

Daphne917 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

@If_only apologies if you’ve already mentioned this but do you test your BS? By testing you can determine what foods you can eat which may give you more menu options when you do go out to eat.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lakeslover

Lakeslover · Well-Known Member

The thing ifind frustrating is not what to chose for an evening meal as I can usually find something suitable, but what to chose if I want a light lunch in a cafe. So many just offer sandwiches, baguettes, jacket potatoes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. HSSS

HSSS Type 2 · Expert

Cafes are a nightmare. I usually aim for an all day breakfast, omelette, salad etc

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. VashtiB

VashtiB Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I also aim for an all day breakfast- eggs Benedict are my favourite. I also have ordered sandwiches and just eaten the inside. I have chooks so sometimes keep the bread for the chooks- a win win.

But a lot of cafes here certainly do things like bacon and eggs or omelette. I have heard of people ordering a burger without the bun?

On the theme of this thread- yes cafes can be a bit more challenging. I tend to suggest certain places when meeting friends as I know they will have stuff I can eat.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Munkki

Munkki Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Do you order the eggs benedict without bread?

8. Munkki

Munkki Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I have ordered jacket potatoes without potato twice and got the weirdest reactions, so I am usually hoping for cafés to do all day breakfast, omelette or salad, or just a bag of nuts, a Babybel, a Pepperami or so....

9. Jayne1983

Jayne1983 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Love this totally agree xx how r u now can u eat more now xx

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook