eatting out

janrat68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
right im going for a meal on sat its the first one i have gone to since i was diagnosed with type 2 so oviulsy i cnat eat what ate before could you lovey people give me some hints tips on what to eat its chinse by the way any help would be greatfully reciveed thank you

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh I'll be interested if there are any suitable choices with all that rice and noodles, I've decided Chinese would be a big no no! I hope the more experienced folk can enlighten us.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Hi @janrat68 I am not a big fan of Chinese food myself so wont be much use. Sorry. I have read others on here say that it can be tricky as it is difficult to tell if there are hidden sugars in sauces. Perhaps you could find the menu online beforehand to see what is on offer. Easier to make a choice when you are not hungry! Enjoy your evening :)

Hotpepper20000

Chinese food is a no go for me. If the sauce isn't sweetened then it's thickened with cornstarch. I never was a big fan before and don't go anymore.
Maybe a cashew vegtable stir fry?

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Let me suggest something like steamed fish, stir fry vegetables, tofu, steamed chicken and a couple of spoonfuls of shrimp fried rice. Do not spoon any sauce on to your plate. Enjoy and drink lots of Chinese jasmine tea or green tea. No desserts unless it is fresh fruits. Hope that helps.

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Just seen this My Experience with Chinese meals is that as oppose to most meals out almost everything is cooked after you order in a wok So as Long as you can make yourself understood the chef can cook food without adding sugar Of Course you may need to emphasize that they use cooking sauces that are Sugar Free. If you are a regular they will get used to cooking for you. In Indian restaurants I ask what dishes do not contain sugar a technique which you could use in Other Restaurants as well But Test Before and 2 hrs After to be sure. Eventually you will learn who to trust and which dishes you can eat. of course rice and Breads an noodles should be avoided or eaten very sparingly

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Doesn't sound like it will be easy, maybe you can sneak some food in.... lol :)