Effect Of Fasting On Bg

FaithinOK

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've seen this happen too sometimes, but eventually I've seen a slight reduction in levels overall. I think probably our livers may keep on dumping until their reserves have been depleted.

Robbity
Thats what Dr.Fung says on his blog. Requires longer fast to improve.

BarbaraG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Brunneria - there are other reasons to fast beyond weight loss and improved insulin sensitivity. Dr Jason Fung lists anti-aging and anti-cancer effects, and there is anecdotal evidence that it improves some autoimmune and neurological conditions as well.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunneria - there are other reasons to fast beyond weight loss and improved insulin sensitivity. Dr Jason Fung lists anti-aging and anti-cancer effects, and there is anecdotal evidence that it improves some autoimmune and neurological conditions as well.

Yup, the fasting mimicing diet by Valter Longo is based on that thinking... But I personally am FAR too fixated on food to follow through with it! :D So, personally, i prioritise bg and insulin reduction.

https://www.bluezones.com/2016/04/fasting-for-longevity/

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been maintaining fasting glucose level of around 5.5 mmol over the past year on carbs lite fats friendly diet and occasional intermittent fasting.

Just started on a multi-day fast with coconut oil to manage hunger and mental fatigue...and it is looking good.
Ranging 4.0-4.7 mmol all day long...

15178242_1839425112968613_4388452526114475601_n.jpg