eFGR

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm on Ramipril 5mg daily due to a albumin/creatine level of 35 but my eGFR is >60 which normal. The whole issue of Diabetic Nephropathy is a bit confusing to the lay person, which measurements are good or bad etc. All I can say Novorapidboi is that you Consultant may put you on an ACE inhibitor to protect your kidneys. Hope this helps

I thought that >90 is normal. >60 is acceptable if there are no other kidney problems. I agree, it is all confusing.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
thanks,

im already on Lisinopril, maximum dose though.....

getting a 24 hour BP test on the 16th so hopefully might get something additional or a change.......

is there anyone else out there who as had some level of kidney disease and can explain treatments and if any damaged can be repaired etc....?

Reactions: 2 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I get copies of my biochemistry tests and the eGFR range has been >60 constantly for 4 years now. I did panic at first only to be told that most labs report normal eGFR as a ratio of >60. Hope this helps

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
spoke to nurses at 2 different clinics....[pump and normal] and they have confirmed all my lab results are within normal parameters, my eGFR was reported in green as >59ml/min...........

I still feel as though I have pain where my kidneys are, I also had a bit of constipation and I had a faint rash appear on my forearms...........

do you think its possible for some symptoms to appear if you have convinced yourself there is something wrong when there isn't.....?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
spoke to nurses at 2 different clinics....[pump and normal] and they have confirmed all my lab results are within normal parameters, my eGFR was reported in green as >59ml/min...........

I still feel as though I have pain where my kidneys are, I also had a bit of constipation and I had a faint rash appear on my forearms...........

do you think its possible for some symptoms to appear if you have convinced yourself there is something wrong when there isn't.....?

Yes, very definitely!

That is very good news. You can now relax.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Well chill out dude lol. Good news.