Eggs

Jc3131

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a taste for eggs at the moment. There are conflicting reports online regarding if they are good or bad for you. Throw in diabetes and its more confusing.

What's the general feeling about eating eggs, and how many?

I've just made these and I've ate two so far. That will be it for today, maybe one for my bait at work.
IMG-20180619-WA0002.jpeg

They taste better than they look. First attempt at making them.

Reactions: Prem51

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Eat as many as you like. The previous information about them being bad for us has been well and truly debunked. The old theory was that the high cholesterol levels in eggs would affect our body cholesterol. This theory was wrong. Our livers make our body cholesterol according to how much we need at the time. If we eat food that contains cholesterol, our liver will just make less, because we need less.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/6-reasons-why-eggs-are-the-healthiest-food-on-the-planet

Reactions: Jc3131

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I have eggs almost every day. If you are worried about cholesterol, then don't be. Eggs are a great food, full of the good stuff. Malcolm Kendrick put it very well in his book 'The Great Cholesterol Con' he says 'Why are eggs full of cholesterol? Because it takes a lot of cholesterol to build a chicken'.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I should have added to my post that I also eat eggs every day, sometimes 2 or even 3. The nutrients we get from eggs are second to none, they are versatile, and filling. So why not! Fill your boots. ;)

Reactions: Jc3131

Smallbrit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am two eggs a day person. Uually scrambled because I like the act of making breakfast to be as easy as possible. I like what's your photo though... maybe I need to branch out a bit!

MrsGruffy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you put them in the oven like that, or the microwave (I only have traumatic explosive experiences which connect microwaves and eggs!). Looks like silicon muffin tin? Does it clean up really well afterwards?

Reactions: Shahnaz2357

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Eggs rock, some folk round here report as having an impressive number in a week... +30.
Ever so flexible.
Enjoy..... as they say.
:)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Going to do an egg and bacon fast when I get back from hols..great things especially poached with melted butter on top.

Jc3131

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you put them in the oven like that, or the microwave (I only have traumatic explosive experiences which connect microwaves and eggs!). Looks like silicon muffin tin? Does it clean up really well afterwards?
I just put them in the oven in the tray. They pop out ok when finished and the tray cleans easilly.

I just wanted to make something low carb for a snack. I should have added some black pepper and possibly grated cheese over them before I scoffed them down.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
eggs are good for everyone - particularly useful for diabetics as they have scarcely a carb in them - all the bad publicity was a misguided extension of the cholesterol is bad for you message, which seems to have been wrong in the first place.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Love eggs, especially scrambled, very tasty and versatile too.