Eggs

broads

Hi Graham, must admit I have no intention of reducing consumption either unless i hear any strong evidence against eggs. Just as a matter of interest roughly how many do you eat in a week?

Regards

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Hi again,
I get through a minimum 12 eggs a week, boiled, fried, scrambled and love omelettes. All blood tests came back ok, my cholesterol was fine.

Cheers Graham

viv1969

Well since drastically reducing my carbs eggs have become a huge staple for me, especially at breakfast time. If I were to stop eating them what the hell would I eat? I have no time to make a full brekky, whereas eggs + microwave + 2 mins = lovely scrambled eggs!

sixfoot

Viv for a change you could get a really good cheddar, crumble it and add to the scramble eggs right at the end so it melts and is really yummy. The other one is add some cripy fried bacon ......... but of course dont wait for the bacon to melt .....you will be late for work and pretty much everything else :D

Crack on
Dave P

peppiB

For the past 10 months, since being diagnosed, on the advice of my doctor I have had very few eggs in my diet (1 a week at most) Having read this, they are back on the menu! I love the things. And it means less of the boring cereals which the same doc said were OK :shock:

Sweet3x

I always remember my nan telling me that eggs 'bind you up'.
Never really been able to eat more than a couple a week as a result. Had no clue what it meant as a kid, just had images of being wrapped around with rope. I know what she meant, now, but I still don't fancy being tied up with rope :lol:

Jay3109

Nope, rarely have eggs - maybe 2 a month although I do sometimes hallucinate about things they are used in like cakes, sticky toffee puds, apple pies and custard.... :lol: :lol:

broads

I remember the adds. What is really scary is that it doesn't seem all that long ago.
Just put a message on food forum re Spanish omelette.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
I remember the adds too. Trouble is as a kid I couldn't stand any sort of egg ??
Now I love 'em. Problem is I am not only a Diabetic, I have cholesterol problems too !
Every few monthsd some 'expert' tells me that they are good for you, then another says they are bad for you ? My head is spinning - so I just do what I think is right and have one a week - delicious.
Ken

EricD

Dislikes
Bullies and sockpuppets. Not being able to eat I want.
I listen to all the experts, eat 4 eggs one week and none the next, that way everyones happy. :lol: