Elton John

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,
haven't said much in a while I stopped smoking 40 a day and got quite irritable. There was no need to inflict that on anyone else so I stopped posting for a little while.

Latest numbers back from the diabetic clinic all good cholesterol still down and no need to change the reversed my diabetic status under my avatar picture although 50 house points to Griffin-Door if you can tell me what it is.

I put on weight not happy about that, my belt has gone up 2 notches, but everyone puts on weight when they stop smoking.
And even with the weight gain numbers are still "down do be do down down" as Neil Sedaka would say.

That's it in the words of Elton John "don't point that thing at me" or "I'm still standing" which ever seems more appropriate. ;)
:bag:

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
After a few years of control via diet .... no Metformin no Statins no blood pressure pills I've lost control!
Glucose up but not worryingly.
Blood pressure up but not worryingly.
Cholesterol levels up the bad stuff up the good stuff down but not worryingly so .... back on the Metformin back on the blood pressure pills but I won't go anywhere near statins so I'll have to get that back in order though diet as with everything else.
It all seems to have come apart while I've been cutting down the and eventually stopping the strong opiates.
Feel very very tired since stopping that drug.
Is it the withdrawals I'm not sure.
I can't blame the withdrawals from the opiate completely I have to be honest with myself and say I've just not cared very much lately about my diet.
Give it three months and I reckon I'll be back on track.
Can't stand Elton John by the way .... this is my man for ballads ....

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Well done with the smoking by the way. Few years now since I stopped ... I found it very very difficult.
Fifty roll ups a day since birth.

Reactions: There is no Spoon

SalB

Well done with the smoking by the way. Few years now since I stopped ... I found it very very difficult.
Fifty roll ups a day since birth.

You’re 4 times more likely to quit if you use a stop smoking service:) well done to those who have quit and to those who haven’t:,give it a go

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
After a few years of control via diet .... no Metformin no Statins no blood pressure pills I've lost control!
Glucose up but not worryingly.
Blood pressure up but not worryingly.
Cholesterol levels up the bad stuff up the good stuff down but not worryingly so .... back on the Metformin back on the blood pressure pills but I won't go anywhere near statins so I'll have to get that back in order though diet as with everything else.
It all seems to have come apart while I've been cutting down the and eventually stopping the strong opiates.
Feel very very tired since stopping that drug.
Is it the withdrawals I'm not sure.
I can't blame the withdrawals from the opiate completely I have to be honest with myself and say I've just not cared very much lately about my diet.
Give it three months and I reckon I'll be back on track.
Can't stand Elton John by the way .... this is my man for ballads ....
Back under control within a few weeks by the way.