Embarrassing question

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
so a few monthsI’ve been getting itchy in my private especially around the lips down their. Gotten worse . Even peeing makes it sting Thing is it’s behginijg distract me daily and especially st night I don’t have sex so why Is this happening. Is it because of diabeties animals cycling or strees or all
You might say to a doctor but thing is I’m too embarrassed and also it’s not helpful I have a job interview late evening on weds I do want to be sat their fidgeting itching or both. So what should I do as I need to get rid of this ASAP

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
so a few monthsI’ve been getting itchy in my private especially around the lips down their. Gotten worse . Even peeing makes it sting Thing is it’s behginijg distract me daily and especially st night I don’t have sex so why Is this happening. Is it because of diabeties animals cycling or strees or all
You might say to a doctor but thing is I’m too embarrassed and also it’s not helpful I have a job interview late evening on weds I do want to be sat their fidgeting itching or both. So what should I do as I need to get rid of this ASAP

Obviously anyone's can only speculate, but it could easily be something like Thrush, or cystitis, although with the latter, the most usual symptom is pain seeing, rather than an itch.

Honestly, Lulu, your Doc will have seen it all and heard it all, so best to go have a chat. If it's either of those things, they're very easy you treat.

One thing that encourages thrush in particular are high blood sugars, so if yours have been running a bit high of late, it could be really helpful to try to get them down a bit.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

If your sugar levels have been running high? This may not help the issue.,I'm not going to diagnose what the issue is but I could possibly hazard a guess.

If you are uncomfortable approaching your doctor. Ask specifically for an appointment with a female HCP..
These things happen & are not uncommon.

Hope this helps?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Lulu9101112 - when you go to see the Doc, it could be useful to take a sample of your wee with you, just so I they can check it with a dip stick.

In the meantime, obviously stay nice and clean (Im sure you are very clean anyway), but don't put any talc or powders down there, as it probably wouldn't help.

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Obviously can't diagnose you but your symptoms sound like what my symptoms was before I got diagnosed with diabetes, thrush. You can get thrush with high uncontrolled blood sugers. They say if you get thrush more than 2 times in 6 months it's best to see your doctor. I kept getting it so in the end I went to the doctors and was diagnosed with diabetes with an hba1c of 95 now I'm on lchf I've not had thrush since as my blood sugers have come down. I also got given some anti fungal cream to stop the itch and soreness. This can also be bought from a chemist but definitely worth going to see a doctor if you keep getting it.
Hth
Good luck with your interview on Wednesday

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Along with eczema on my face and body, I get genital eczema unless I'm very careful what I wash with. I can't use any soaps or shower creams etc - I use Aproderm emollient cream . Using that, I can keep things normal. Without it, the eczema come rushing back and I have to go to the doc for prescription cream. I daresay the other emollient creams would be fine as well, but I stick to what I know works.

I reached the point of desperation where I was in tears every day because I just could not stop the itching, and I'd wake up with bloodied fingernails from scratching in my sleep. The prescription sorted it out in a few days and I felt very silly for not going along earlier, but I was very shy of going to the doc in case I ended up with some youngster peering at my bits. Daft of me, but we all have our moments.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m not diagnosing but you could always just get some thrush cream from the chemist (and pessary if you think that’s needed too) and treat yourself. If it works you have your answer, if it doesn’t you’ll have to summon up the courage to visit your Dr.
Good luck for your interview!