Employment terminated

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
My job has been terminated on grounds of ill health .. to be honest I'm not bothered but on the other hand it proves that working for a large organisation you are sometimes just a number . Ah well their loss not mine .

DiabeticDadUK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My job has been terminated on grounds of ill health .. to be honest I'm not bothered but on the other hand it proves that working for a large organisation you are sometimes just a number . Ah well their loss not mine .

Sorry to hear this. I hope you can get back into work again soon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, rotten news. You seem to be taking it well though. I have always assumed we are just a number.

Reactions: Freema

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Debzz_ I thought large employers had more options to deal with employee problems, though my former employer got worse over the years. I'm sure it is their loss, and I hope you find another job soon - if that is what you want.

Reactions: Freema and Debzz_

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
and sometimes you just have to walk away for your own sanity. Good luck to you.

Reactions: Freema and Prem51

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm sorry it came to that, but looking on the bright side, the decision could do wonders for your stress levels.

Are you entitled to any pensions or compensation payments?

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
Thankyou everyone for your kind words ! Much appreciated. I wasn't very happy in this job if truth be told and although not the best of circumstances it will make some other things easier . Hopefully I will find something more suitable... sausage rolls were never my thing anyway ( that's a clue hehehe )

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Thankyou everyone for your kind words ! Much appreciated. I wasn't very happy in this job if truth be told and although not the best of circumstances it will make some other things easier . Hopefully I will find something more suitable... sausage rolls were never my thing anyway ( that's a clue hehehe )

Will you be able to work again, as you said they terminated your employment because of your ill health ?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm sorry to hear that. Yes, their loss.
I love working but I'm definitely not up to it at mo. I'd pity any employer who would be forced to employ me. The amount of hospital appointments alone would scare most middle managers (or line managers).
It just goes to prove they'd rather lose a good member of staff than manage griping jealous team members who don't need medical support.
I'm with you on a big company should have proper managers who are realistic about a team consists of all needs. More a flaw on their management lacking skills than a medical disease lacking management. ;)

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
Will you be able to work again, as you said they terminated your employment because of your ill health ?
Hopefully I will find something- its
I'm sorry to hear that. Yes, their loss.
I love working but I'm definitely not up to it at mo. I'd pity any employer who would be forced to employ me. The amount of hospital appointments alone would scare most middle managers (or line managers).
It just goes to prove they'd rather lose a good member of staff than manage griping jealous team members who don't need medical support.
I'm with you on a big company should have proper managers who are realistic about a team consists of all needs. More a flaw on their management lacking skills than a medical disease lacking management. ;)
How right you are about team members - in the months I have had off work I have never had a message from my team leader , 1 message from my supervisor, not heard a thing from the other 5 or 6 colleagues . It takes nothing to ask how someone is doing etc .
I was also told there were ' no other roles ' for me - even though I was willing to travel and take up any kind of office role .

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
It was capability, a mainly manual role which I could no longer do - hopefully something else will come along but I am limited at the mo

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Fingers crossed you find new employment soon.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

How right you are about team members - in the months I have had off work I have never had a message from my team leader , 1 message from my supervisor, not heard a thing from the other 5 or 6 colleagues . It takes nothing to ask how someone is doing etc .
I was also told there were ' no other roles ' for me - even though I was willing to travel and take up any kind of office role .
Something better is in store for you. I'm wishing wonderful things on you.
Let them take their victory and watch as they squabble over re-applying for their jobs in the future.
Karma always comes. Sit and watch.
Its sad that human beings have become so cruel.
They definitely don't deserve you.
Hold your head up high and enjoy seeing admiration on the faces of future interviewers when you tell them you ARE available for work. Bringing loyalty and enthusiasm.
Good luck.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know this won't help, but things do happen for reasons .. so you may have lost this job because a better one is trying to find you :)

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
Something better is in store for you. I'm wishing wonderful things on you.
Let them take their victory and watch as they squabble over re-applying for their jobs in the future.
Karma always comes. Sit and watch.
Its sad that human beings have become so cruel.
They definitely don't deserve you.
Hold your head up high and enjoy seeing admiration on the faces of future interviewers when you tell them you ARE available for work. Bringing loyalty and enthusiasm.
Good luck.
That's really lovely- Thankyou

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Debzz, I'm sorry things didn't work out for you.

On the point of minimal contact from your employers; many employers discourage it because of the potential for the unwell employees to consider any contact to be harassment. It's a shame, but there you go.

In some organisations it's no contact or literally follow a script, enquiring after the individual's health and asking if there is anything the sick employee requires.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you at least will be able to enjoy the time you have now for a while

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's a shame things turned out the way they did, but thankfully you are not too unhappy about it, and at least you're free of any pressure you might feel about getting back to work. Hope you can now relax a bit, and concentrate on getting well; I'm sure you deserve a bit of "me time"

Buttons11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's probably not what you wanted to hear at the moment, but like others have said, something better will come along x

Reactions: Debzz_