Ending Libre on a high note

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My last day of Freestyle Libre ends with a punishing 10 mmols postmeal rise!

Given the sharpness of the peak and drop, I think regular glucose monitoring with finger pricks test would likely have missed it...

upload_2017-6-28_9-51-5.png

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My last day of Freestyle Libre ends with a punishing 10 mmols postmeal rise!

Given the sharpness of the peak and drop, I think regular glucose monitoring with finger pricks test would likely have missed it...

View attachment 23224

That is indeed very sharp , i have one slightly similar experience with a full English breakfast where I ate, the toast and beans and rapidly reached 10.4. what was in the breakfast ?

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One Roti Prata with vegetable dahl, half plate serving of rice and noodles. 3 eggs omelette and a danish.
Good lord, I'm surprised you could move ! still its nice to overindulge now and again :)

Reactions: ringi

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
One Roti Prata with vegetable dahl, half plate serving of rice and noodles. 3 eggs omelette and a danish.

I don't think I need expensive kit or even testing strip to know what this would do to my BG! I hope I would be sensible enough these day to "just" have the omelette along with lots of cold meats, cheese, olives, salad and maybe the vegetable dahl.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@CherryAA :D this is only one round in a sitting. I used to be able to go thru 3 rounds of this in a single sitting...with fuller plates of rice and noodles instead of the quarter portions...

@ringi certainly. But I find that Libre does capture how much improved my phase 2 insulin response has become. Able to drop 10 mmols within 2hrs from the peak.

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@CherryAA :D this is only one round in a sitting. I used to be able to go thru 3 rounds of this in a single sitting...with fuller plates of rice and noodles instead of the quarter portions...

@ringi certainly. But I find that Libre does capture how much improved my phase 2 insulin response has become. Able to drop 10 mmols within 2hrs from the peak.

@kokhongw

I am finally getting to see, how much out of kilter my portion size has been. I still find that my " stop" button does not work very well, even with LCHF, so its a too easy to have a really good day and then follow that with a big handful of nuts and undo all the " dieting" benefit of the day even though my blood sugars have stayed low. I'm not too unhappy with my current size, but I would still like to get it lower and see if I can get my visceral fat down some more . I'm stuck at about 10.5 on the monitor at present and I'd like to be closer to 5.

@ringi
I agree completely that using a libre full time is an expensive option. I do think that for most people, if they can find a way to use one for just a fortnight, and then the occasional follow up session, will learn a lot about how their body really does react to food.

For me the most important part of that was in appreciating that because sometimes my waking blood sugar was high, my dawn phenomenon was very strong. It did not mean I had spent the whole night damaging my body, instead it was the morning reading that was the transient thing. Thus I now sleep more easily not thinking I am killing myself whilst I am asleep. That alone was worth the investment. It also means that when I am not wearing it, I can now picture in my mind what is happening to my blood sugars in its absence - in terms of the shape of the graph that my food is likely creating - again very reassuring.