Equipment sourcing confusion

LostBoy96

Hi! I'm due to start the pump at the end of the month and the 670g Medtronic is being funded by the NHS but the cgm is to be self funded by me... my consultant told me as I was leaving my appointment on monday to bring a sensor in to the pump training so the technician can help with the set up of it aswell.
I've been on the Medtronic site and it says I need to have written permission from my health care team that I'm allowed to use the system and the pump serial number.
Has anyone else self funded and knows what to do?
Ofcourse I tried ringing the DSN but i dont have direct contact details and switchboard keeps giving me different numbers and I'm going nowhere with trying to get in contact through the hospital
Feel like if I go to my pump appointment without a sensor I'll be told off for not trying to source it myself even though I have tried and failed, and my appointment will be pushed back!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @LostBoy96

Ok 2 things you can do, firstly call Medtronic and speak to customer service, explaining the situation and that you need a sensor for the training session, if you don't get anywhere then ask them to get their medtronic rep for your area to call you about it, each area has a rep who works with your diabetes team direct and they are responsible for managing patients pump orders so they will know about your pump training session, so they can sort this for you, either way it should get sorted.

Reactions: LostBoy96

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
No worries, their reps are pretty useful and it's also a good contact for you too in case you have any queries, my area rep did my pump training :)