Exante diet

Mai Kuda

I’m type 2Diabetic . Started on exante diet 5 weeks ago I have lost 5 kgs
Without struggling much with hunger
My sugars have been very good 5.5-6.5
Anyone on it . It’s pricy but good . They are offering 40% discount for diabetics

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Too expensive and overly processed for me. Salad, eggs,meat, fish,cheese suit me fine.

Hotpepper20000

I’m type 2Diabetic . Started on exante diet 5 weeks ago I have lost 5 kgs
Without struggling much with hunger
My sugars have been very good 5.5-6.5
Anyone on it . It’s pricy but good . They are offering 40% discount for diabetics
I have always wondered what happens after people have lost the desired amount of weight and go back to eating regularly.
Does the weight and high blood sugar come back?

Last edited:

Mai Kuda

Not sure
But I have one meal a day with about 200 calories
I love my brown bread so I make sure that the meal contains a slice of brown bread
I have tried so many diets and failed but this one has been excellent
I was struggling to lose just 1 kg with normal food and dieticians advice , but now

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It looks very expensive for what it is. Not much nutrition for the cost, and the ingredients list is huge for the products.

I will stick to fresh veg and salad, home cooked meats, fresh milk, cheese and eggs. A fraction of the cost and far more nourishing.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, it is your success story, @Mai Kuda , so I congratulate you on your success so far.
To remain successful, you need to have an ongoing plan for when you reintroduce food. This is where folks go wrong. If you return to eating as you did before, you are not going to maintain the weight loss, or any improvement in blood glucose levels for long.

As others have suggested fresh foods, low carb, is a good way to go.

Best of luck, and well done for taking back control.

Mai Kuda

Thank you for your advice
Still have 6 weeks to go so will introduce my calories slowly
I’m using nutracjek for counting calories for my one mill and hope to continue with the same in 6 weeks time

Reactions: Pipp

Hotpepper20000

Thank you for your advice
Still have 6 weeks to go so will introduce my calories slowly
I’m using nutracjek for counting calories for my one mill and hope to continue with the same in 6 weeks time
Are you diabetic? Are you testing after you eat?

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on your success so far. What are your eating plans at the end of your Exante diet? I believe it's vital to know how you'll maintain those results, as it's not possible to seriously restrict calories long term.

Years ago before I was diabetic I was "persuaded" to go on a very low calorie diet - I certainly lost weight, but put it back with a vengeance afterwards. But I've lost far more weight over a few months (about 20kg) by eating very low carbs for a while, on my now permanent and sustainable low carb diet, and more to the point have kept it off. The main advantage though to me as a T2, is that by starting to reduce carbohydrates soon after diagnosis, my blood sugars almost immediately dropped down to low pre-diabetic levels, even before I was really losing weight.

Jaywil

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there
Well done with your successful weight loss.
I did the Exante diet about 3 years ago after reading about the Newcastle diet and found it a great way to kick-start my weight loss. I lost over a stone and reduced my blood sugar levels, it worked fo me as I found it convenient.
I’ve just read Dr Jason Fungs book the Diabetes Code, it really opened my eyes to diet and diabetes. Good luck with Exante.
Best wishes Jayne

Reactions: seanj67 and ziggy_w

Mai Kuda

Hallo there
Exante has worked for me I’m still on it but eating a bit more
Lost 12 kgs in 7 months . Planning to continue for my target weight . A bit tough but will persevere ‘n
My Hbaic is now 41, my urea is normal and I’m so happy
Would recommend anyone who can afford it to try it

Mai Kuda

Update on my weight loss - with Exante Diet
I have managed to maintain my 12 kgs weight loss , reduced my intake of exante supplements to 2 a day 3 months ago 2 meals a day . My blood sugars are still stable and sometimes too low between 4.5-.5.5 still on 500mgs of metformin daily .
So proud of myself as I have managed to control my sugars
I don’t regret using this diet .Will continue until end of the year and stop gradually .
This was a successful programme for me .

Reactions: seanj67

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done! Amazing progress, keep up the good work.

Reactions: EllieM

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Update on my weight loss - with Exante Diet
I have managed to maintain my 12 kgs weight loss , reduced my intake of exante supplements to 2 a day 3 months ago 2 meals a day . My blood sugars are still stable and sometimes too low between 4.5-.5.5 still on 500mgs of metformin daily .
So proud of myself as I have managed to control my sugars
I don’t regret using this diet .Will continue until end of the year and stop gradually .
This was a successful programme for me .

Well done on your success, you've done really well. I'm doing Exante for a while as I find it easy enough. I do 2 replacements a day and I still have a low carb meal in the evening I had my review 2 weeks ago and my nurse was amazed at my results. BP is normal, cholesterol is normal, and my hb1ac has reduced drastically to the point where I'm (for now anyway) off gliclazide. What surprises me the most is how the shakes don't spike me. My weight loss has been slow, but that's ok. It's still a work in progress but I'm getting there.