1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Excellent results low carbing

Discussion in 'Success Stories and Testimonials' started by welsheagle, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Locke

Locke · Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Locke

Locke · Member

Low carb, the best it's really helping with keeping my T2 under control with diet only no meds

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rajran

Rajran Prediabetes · Member

Hello. Its good to read a success story. Im new here and like to know if you got rid of the tingling feeling. I suddenly got a burning feeling on hands and feet over night and scared now

• Hug Hug x 1
  4. azure

azure Type 1 · Expert

Once you get your blood sugars down that should ease off @Rajran

• Like Like x 1
  5. kazzers

kazzers Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hiya, I am trying with Low carb but not having much weight loss :-( Could you just give me an example of a typical days menu for you please ? days

• Like Like x 1
  6. Moiraf

Moiraf Type 2 · Member

Well done! Its so hard when your doctor isn't the most helpful person in the world, thank heavens for DNs! Mine is a total angel, and a tremendous support. I have lost over 3 stone since my diagnosis 4 years ago, just by being very, very careful. I took Metformin for 12 months but have been controlling T2 by diet and exercise ever since. I walk a lot! Yes there are times when T2 is a complete pain in the ...! But the inconvenience is far preferable to the consequences of not doing anything to reverse it. And it does get easier. Keep up the good work, and thank you other Forum members, I don't post very often but I read your comments and you are all wonderfully supportive!

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook