Exercise

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
Does anyone know approximately the calorie burn on marching/walking on the spot?
I know it won't be high for me as I'm just starting but
I'm trying to put it in my free app.
It appears to be 400 an hour but that seems High. I also found a site saying 6.2 a minute for my weight.
And is there a thread here where I can say I did it like the food and bs number ones.

• Winner
Reactions: Melgar and flonvic
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Drawing, Being put on the spot
In an article "7 Reasons To Start Walking in Place" by Cleveland Clinic org, it says you burn about 100-200 for 30 minutes. so that is about the same as your free app.

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
In an article "7 Reasons To Start Walking in Place" by Cleveland Clinic org, it says you burn about 100-200 for 30 minutes. so that is about the same as your free app.
Thanks

Reactions: flonvic

Melgar

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Does anyone know approximately the calorie burn on marching/walking on the spot?
It appears to be 400 an hour but that seems High. I also found a site saying 6.2 a minute for my weight.
And is there a thread here where I can say I did it like the food and bs number ones.
Good for you! Start off gently and gradually build up. A slow build up is the key. As your muscles gain strength you will naturally get a faster. A slower paced walk will allow your muscles, especially around your joints, to strengthen and adapt. Your muscles around your joints help support your joints. And indeed, your muscles will strengthen and the small blood vessels in those muscles will increase allowing your muscles to get extra blood and oxygen so they work more efficiently. It takes time. Go at your own pace. When you feel comfortable pick up the pace a bit. Walking with purpose will burn calories and it will lower your blood sugars. :) :)

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
4 songs today

Margarettt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @cdpm
We'll be step buddies in this! I've just started too. I got the second of two new knees in November and I've just added walking on the spot to my knee exercises and 3 minutes on the bike early in the mornings. I gave up my walking stick for short distances last week so its time to work on strength and stamina. I envy your 4 songs.The news segment I managed this morning can't have been more than two.

Reactions: cdpm