exessive sweating

broxiebear1

hi can anyone help please
i am T2 and my problem is that i sweat alot i am not overweight and sweating is coming from my head its that bad that you would think i just came out of a shower its really getting me down now
i know theres something wrong as i even sweat just standing or mowing the grass with a petrol lawnmower my face and hair is soaking wet :oops: is there anything i can do to prevent it
broxie

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Have you talked to your GP about it? I know there are some people who have problems with excessive sweating, a physical/medical condition that is nothing to do with diabetes. Worth havnig a chat.

Viv 8)

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
I had/have same problem ,
with head sweats this often happens to me :

When I have a BG drop dropping fast towards a Hypo around 3 (also shakes numbness face lips)

Also happens to me :
if I have eaten something High in sugar :oops: with BG levels moving Up to higher levels Very Fast
15 and above (sugar buzz)

Have you tested when your head sweats starts or in full flood :?:
if only to rule it out

Try testing your BG levels ,,ask your GP check you out

I found out the hard way, can be linked to other things, inc BG levels

Head sweat happened to me a week or so back ,Ended up with a Mini-stroke TIA
moments later :cry: Felt the same as Hypo to start with ? just to scare the cr&p out of you all :mrgreen:

Bob

C

catherinecherub

Hi BB,

Whilst your symptoms may not even be diabetes related and could be something simple like a reaction to hot, spicy food, I wonder what your control has been like since diagnosis?

There is a thing called autonomic neuropathy and this will affect how your body regulates heat.

Have a read through this article and see if it relates to you,
http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/neuropathies/

I have a friend with Type 2 and she has it so badly and cannot seem to gain control of her diabetes. We were in a queue one day and a little boy who was standing behind us asked his mum, "Why is that lady's head leaking?" She says she cannot understand it as she is not even hot when it happens. Dr. has told her it is autonomic neuropathy.

broxiebear1

hi again thanks for your replies
well it happened again today i am a commercial tyre fitter and was very cold today when fitting lorry tyres i am male 54 t2 well was working with an other fitter he is 65 and he said i was sweating alot he was dry i was soaking just from my head my body was cold i am not overweight and take 2 metaformin a day along with blood pres tablet and colestrol tablet , 1 asprin and i take 2 cocodamil for pain in my hip and legs since i have been on metaformin i cant seem to get blood down below 8
as i post my blood count is 8.7 i am going to see doctor on thursday about high white cells in blood for another full blood test. i have mentioned about my sweating before and pain in knees and hip but was better talking to a brick wall :|
ill ask if sweating is related to my diabetics when i see him my wife says my body is always warm
i cant test when it happens as its a dirty job unless itry when i am cutting the grass
thanks everyone
broxie x

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
hi Broxie
I'm having a similar complaint my whole body sweats awfully through the night in bed .I drink a lot of water through the night but one of my many medications is a bit like neurofen and it always makes me sweat ,Google your meds and see what the side affects are . If you find that the sweating is not down to your meds get in touch with your gp a.s.a.p .
JF.
Ps do you have regular urines ?

broxiebear1

hi i tend to go quite a lot during the day but a night i dont have a problem. i just hope doctor can help on thursday but im not banking on it :|

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
see if you can get hold of a specemin bottle and make sure you drink loads of water before your appointment. :lol: :lol: Its amazing how you can't pee when you need to "1 green bottle sitting on the wall in whistling and cold tap running helps !!!" or so i've been told :lol: :lol: :lol:
JF. good luck :wink: