Exhausted!

Sugarbaby123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When will the night pees stop? I go to bed at 10:30, up again at 1-2 o'clock the between 4-5, I'm still awake after the last pee and a raging thirst. I'm getting about 5 hours sleep a day. I drop off in the day, thank the Lord I'm retired and have the luxury of a sofa nap. But things to do, so I get up and carry on.
Very newly diagnosed (4days) so not expecting miracles but please tell me I can one day have an undisturbed night!

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
if your bg is dropping it will soon slow down.the peeing is your body trying to dump the excess glucose. make sure your drinking at least 2 litres of water. are you doctors wanting you to reduce your carb intake and sugar if you stop most of the starchy stuff it will speed up your body get back o an healthy level. when you have got your head around this shock have a read about cutting your carb intake. its very effective. your doctor will push the eat well plan. its not very effective. to say the least

woodywhippet61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When will the night pees stop? I go to bed at 10:30, up again at 1-2 o'clock the between 4-5, I'm still awake after the last pee and a raging thirst. I'm getting about 5 hours sleep a day. I drop off in the day, thank the Lord I'm retired and have the luxury of a sofa nap. But things to do, so I get up and carry on.
Very newly diagnosed (4days) so not expecting miracles but please tell me I can one day have an undisturbed night!

Sorry but So far I never have. I drink at least 2 litres of water per day and I still get up twice a night. Maybe it's habit but I don't think so as my bladder is bursting. I am still thirsty but nothing like as bad as I was when my glucose levels were high but I'm thirsty enough that I'd rather get up in the night than stop drinking early it's bad enough waking up in the morning with such a dry mouth. I carry water with me in the car so I can have a good drink before doing things like shopping.

My last set of blood tests at the dr's were all in 'normal' range btw.

I'll be interested to see what other people say in reply to your thread.

Robkww

My HbA1c has been around 32 for 12 months - no meds - I still pee about twice a night and have a dry mouth overnight.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Never had that myself but I am sure it does stop in time once your sugar levels are more stable

Hotpepper20000

All though thirst and frequent peeing are one of the signs of diabeties. Other conditions also have the same symptoms. Maybe worth going to a GP to rule out any infections or such.

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Metformin made me get up to pee in the middle of the night. It was one of the reasons I stopped taking it. Since I stopped metformin I now have uninterrupted sleep during the night.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m the same as woodywhippet, my last HbA1c was 36, yet I still get up once in the night. Pre diagnosis I was getting up twice so at the same time as it’s lessened I’ve started drinking more. I always have a cold drink on the go and keep bottled water in the car. I’m very lucky in that I get back off to sleep very quickly and generally feel less tired as I’m overall healthier. I hope you derive some benefit of getting your blood sugar under control soon.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I sometimes have it but depends if I've drank my liquid need too late in the evening.
Try and stop drinking before 7pm, like none diabetics.

Reactions: dbr10

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm weeing every 1/2 hour at night and day, I drink loads as I'm very thirsty.
I hope it will stop as my blood sugars become more stable.

Reactions: paulus1 and dbr10

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Even after stabilising blood glucose habits it may take a while to get out of the habit of waking to pee during the night. When you think how long a period you have been running at high bg levels and having to get up during the night then you can see that the body becomes used to these interuptions. Your sleep patterns change over time, too. One trick is to try to get back to sleep having done your best to keep these trips as low key as possible. Having a small night light on the landing instead of using the main lights so that you can stall waking 'fully' and returning to bed as quickly as possible after your trip helps.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Even after stabilising blood glucose habits it may take a while to get out of the habit of waking to pee during the night. When you think how long a period you have been running at high bg levels and having to get up during the night then you can see that the body becomes used to these interuptions. Your sleep patterns change over time, too. One trick is to try to get back to sleep having done your best to keep these trips as low key as possible. Having a small night light on the landing instead of using the main lights so that you can stall waking 'fully' and returning to bed as quickly as possible after your trip helps.
I agree, living in a built up area I have enough light coming from the street lights outside, to not have to switch on a light indoors when I get up. I also don’t flush (if it’s yellow let it mellow, if it’s brown flush it down springs to mind!:joyful:), so I don’t wake my ears up with noise either!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve always got up in the night to pee (one of the reasons some of the ‘obvious ‘ signs of diabetes were not so obvious in my case.

Granted was doing it a lot more on diagnosis, but even though I am well into,the normal range with my HbA1c, once a night is a given, twice is not unknown.

However, I go a lot less during the day and am not nearly so thirsty (although I try to make sure I drink enough).

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm weeing every 1/2 hour at night and day, I drink loads as I'm very thirsty.
I hope it will stop as my blood sugars become more stable.
it will slow down i was peeing like you. i still need to get up once or twice but i did before my symptoms kicked in.