1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Experience with Bluejay2 watch?

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by escturtle, Apr 9, 2021.

1. escturtle

escturtle Type 1 · Member

Hi! I have been using xdrip on my android to connect my dexcom G6 to a Ticwatch. But I would really prefer a direct connection between the watch and the cgm.

I read about the Bluejay, and want to know if anyone uses it? Any personal experiences to share?

Thank u!

2. EllieM

EllieM Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I haven't used the bluejay but do use a G6 with a smartwatch (fitbit versa 2) and can share some comments (my apologies if you already know them).

OS wear is the necessary watch operating system for dexcom.

Glance is the watchface you need (free with optional donation).

It works pretty well but the interface is via the dexcom follow app mechanism, so if you go out of range of an internet connection your watch will stop working till you go back in range. (And no smartwatch will read from your transmitter directly yet. G7 will possibly allow this).

I find the smartwatch can lag a bit but it's not a huge issue.

Good luck. Hope this helped.

3. escturtle

escturtle Type 1 · Member

Thanks!
    I already use a Ticwatch successfully.
    But the Bluejay reads directly from the G6, which Id love - because Im always going out of range from my phone , and losing connection

The Bluejay isnt a smartwatch, its just a watch with an xdrip core.So there are no additional features; no internet.
    But Im fine with that!
    I just want to find someone with personal experience with the Bluejay before I buy it. I cant find any user reviews...

4. DunePlodder

DunePlodder Type 1 · Well-Known Member

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook