Extreme dizziness and blurred vision

shezza48

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
So yesterday (Sunday) went out for lunch with Mum and sister, checked BG before lunch, 6.5. Took 8 units novorapid and 16 humulin I. Had lunch, falafel burger about 46 grams carbs, very soon after eating began to feel really light headed, extremely dizzy and blurred vision, CGM said BG was 9.9 and rising rapidly. Began to sweat profusely. Pub first aider came to me and brought me water and a cold cloth( her dads a diabetic so she knew what was wrong instantly) she checked my pulse and it was very thready and quite low, she phoned ambulance and they told her to lie me down, by this time I was dropping in and out of consciousness. BG was reading 10.9 but I was still very dizzy and couldn’t see properly. Ambulance arrived, by this time I was more awake, ambulance staff were very annoyed that they had been called, I told them it was not me who called them but pub first aider. Got checked over and sent home. Since them BG has been around 7.8, feel really tired and fatigued. Last check BG was 11.9 I have slept from about 2.30pm until about 11.30pm, still feel really tired, arms and whole body aches. Don’t know really why this happened

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
So yesterday (Sunday) went out for lunch with Mum and sister, checked BG before lunch, 6.5. Took 8 units novorapid and 16 humulin I. Had lunch, falafel burger about 46 grams carbs, very soon after eating began to feel really light headed, extremely dizzy and blurred vision, CGM said BG was 9.9 and rising rapidly. Began to sweat profusely. Pub first aider came to me and brought me water and a cold cloth( her dads a diabetic so she knew what was wrong instantly) she checked my pulse and it was very thready and quite low, she phoned ambulance and they told her to lie me down, by this time I was dropping in and out of consciousness. BG was reading 10.9 but I was still very dizzy and couldn’t see properly. Ambulance arrived, by this time I was more awake, ambulance staff were very annoyed that they had been called, I told them it was not me who called them but pub first aider. Got checked over and sent home. Since them BG has been around 7.8, feel really tired and fatigued. Last check BG was 11.9 I have slept from about 2.30pm until about 11.30pm, still feel really tired, arms and whole body aches. Don’t know really why this happened

Hi. I don't have a solution...just wanted to reply to offer whatever. We do all differ so it's hard to give answers..but for what it's worth, I have certainly had levels like that and did not feel at all unwell..and I don't think that's unusual. For me, and for most I think, feeling unwell tends to be more likely if levels get too low. That said, I am not on any insulin or meds for my diabetes...so i can't comment on the effect of the meds you take. It may of course be the case that your level getting high quickly has made you feel this way but if I were you I'd bring it up with my doctor.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
This has been experienced by a number of people I know, all non-diabetic, and by myself too. I think there’s a ‘bug’ that causes it. When it happened to me my bs were 8.6. I too felt suddenly awful. Faint, hot, sweaty, all seemed to be hypo symptoms but clearly I wasn’t hypo. The aches, light-headedness and tiredness lasted for a few days. If you’ve got it too then don’t ask too much of yourself until you feel better. Hope you do soon.