Extreme fatigue and tiredness

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After 5 years of being diet controlled I've recently started taking Sukkarto Slow Release. I felt "ok" to start with, just taking 1x 500mg pill in the morning. Week 2 I then increased to 2 pills (one morning and one at tea time). But this week and increasing to 2x 500mg in the morning and one in the evening I've been totally wiped out and can't seem to get enough sleep. I actually spent my day off mostly sleeping as I was so exhausted. I've also been suffering from nausea over the last 2 days.

Will this improve or do I need to contact my GP? Or do I need to reduce back down to only 2 pills daily? Oh, and I'm also finding that I wake in the early hours and need a wee!

Reactions: Claudia 1961

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’d definitely contact the GP - not symptoms you want to be ‘living’ with.

Snd2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After 5 years of being diet controlled I've recently started taking Sukkarto Slow Release. I felt "ok" to start with, just taking 1x 500mg pill in the morning. Week 2 I then increased to 2 pills (one morning and one at tea time). But this week and increasing to 2x 500mg in the morning and one in the evening I've been totally wiped out and can't seem to get enough sleep. I actually spent my day off mostly sleeping as I was so exhausted. I've also been suffering from nausea over the last 2 days.

Will this improve or do I need to contact my GP? Or do I need to reduce back down to only 2 pills daily? Oh, and I'm also finding that I wake in the early hours and need a wee!

Snd2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Am in a similar situation since upping to 3 tablets a day I’m whacked by the afternoon as if I’ve been on the sugar? I too wonder if it’ll pass

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
@Snd2 This thread is almost 3 yrs old . You are unlikely to get a new response in here.