Extreme thirst especially at night

Liv1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Does anyone have problems with extreme thirst especially at night that is NOT connected to high blood glucose/ketones?

I am having problems with persistent thirst but my BG and ketone levels are in healthy ranges. I am drinking litres of water but can’t get rid of the sensation of having a dry mouth.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Have you been to see your doctor? Although as diabetics the first thing we all think of when thirsty is high blood sugars, there are plenty of other possible reasons. Some benign and very easily treated, some less so. If you're sure your blood sugars are fine, then you definitely need a medical diagnosis.
Good luck.

Liv1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you been to see your doctor? Although as diabetics the first thing we all think of when thirsty is high blood sugars, there are plenty of other possible reasons. Some benign and very easily treated, some less so. If you're sure your blood sugars are fine, then you definitely need a medical diagnosis.
Good luck.

Yes I went to GP last week but he didn’t really seem to take it seriously and said it’s normal to get a dry mouth when you go to sleep if you breath through your mouth. I said I’m constantly drinking and it’s making no difference but he didn’t really have an answer. Was curious to see if anyone else had experienced the same thing.