Eye control

alecse87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello, if I am a type 1 diabetic person do I have any benefit on eyes control and glasses? Thanks

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @alecse87 :)

By eye control, do you mean eye tests to check if you need glasses? Can you explain a little more?

alecse87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @alecse87 :)

By eye control, do you mean eye tests to check if you need glasses? Can you explain a little more?
Hy, I already wear eye glasses just I can't see very good with them..I wan't to go to see if I have any problem and if I need a new ones but i saw is quite expensive.

D

Deleted member 308541

You need to get your eyes tested by a optometrist to check if you have any problems or need new glasses.

I have just paid $380.00 for new bifocal glasses, which is a reasonable price seeing as the lenses are transitions.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you're in the UK, everyone with diabetes is entitled to free NHS sight tests. Just go to the opticians, fill in the form ticking the box to say you have diabetes and they will do you a free sight test.

If you need glasses the optician will be able to give you some info on whether you might be entitled to help with that. But that help isn't because you have diabetes, it will be income related.

Reactions: azure

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hy, I already wear eye glasses just I can't see very good with them..I wan't to go to see if I have any problem and if I need a new ones but i saw is quite expensive.

Then you need to have your eyes tested. As @catapillar says, tell them you have diabetes, then the test will be free.

If you do need new glasses, you can ask for information about cost, depending on your income, etc.

The special diabetes eye test to look for retinopathy is free - and very important, so make sure you're up to date with that test too.