Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Hi there
Had eye test yesterday, annual one. I now have astigmatism in both eyes, right far worse than the left, caused by the big D and blepharitis,caused by my immune system which caused the big D. Blepharitis is curable will just take time, the astigmatism I gather is not

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Yes I've had diabetic retinopathy and had laser treatment and a victrectomy, it's about 8 or 9 years since I last had any problems or treatment and my vision is good enough to be issued with a 3 year licence.

Are you experiencing problems lianne?

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is astigmatism caused by diabetes? Didn't know that, have been astigmatic since my teens and it seems to be stable, more or less. Oh well, will see what the eye doc says about the current state when I see him, things have probably changed.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi yeah I got told I have got fluid behind my eyes and need to receive injections just don't know how successful it is?

There has been members in the past who have had lucentis injections administered to the eyes, perhaps if you type 'lucentis injections' in the forum search facility you may find them.

A

AnnieC

Is astigmatism caused by diabetes? Didn't know that, have been astigmatic since my teens and it seems to be stable, more or less. Oh well, will see what the eye doc says about the current state when I see him, things have probably changed.
I think I think astigmatism can affect anyone not just diabetics it is the optition told me one of the most common sight defects