Eye Screening

lynnecam1uk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Just had my eye screening results back usually I get no diabetic changes. but this year my results said there is slight diabetic changes but do not require treatment and no cause for concern as no immediate risk to my vision. obviously want to get it back to no diabetic changes like the last few years I must admit I have had a few treats and am going to be careful what else do I need to do to get this back to no changes. good news I suppose in that I don't need to worry at the moment but want to get it back to what I had before. I am a bit concerned.

the odd treat is ok though

thanks

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last edited:

lynnecam1uk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Rachox, after you had a few changes how did you get rid of them, obviously I am worried as I love reading and have made a few changes to my shopping I hope I don't lose my sight what would they do if I did need treatment obviously working to not let that happen and still hope my sight is ok I thi nk it must be otherwise they would have said

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
the odd treat is ok though

I would say yes the odd treat is ok. As long as the odd treat isn't every hour :)

BUT then I am type 1 and can cover treats with insulin :)

lynnecam1uk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd say that would depend entirely on how often the "odd treat" is..

What was your most recent HbA1c?
spoke to my doctor the other day who has told me not to panic cos I have slight diabetic eye changes but I am making changes he says my Hba1c is in the fifities and if I can keep it like that it was in the 80;s never going to let it get high so will cut out chinese, indian and chocolate and am checking the traffic lights on shopping. I hope my eye does not get bad quckly they would have had me in for treatment if it was and have been told no immediatwe cause for concern I want to get it back to no diabetic changes.

lynnecam1uk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had mine done this morning, they always say slight changes but its nothing to worry about, just covers them I suppose although the lady who did mine this morning explained & showed me comparing last years results that small blood vessels burst & heal in normal peoples eyes just the same as ours.
thanks Chris. last year I had no changes aiming to get that again. if I have to stop having treats etc will do it. not that I had a lot every now and again but will make a few changes