Failed Medtronic Minimed 640G

TessG83

Hi all...
Similarly to previous post by SophC, I'm on my fourth Minimed 640G pump.

On January 3rd 2019 I ended up in A&E with DKA after my pump failed. There was an insulin flow block but my pump didn't alarm.

Medtronic replaced the pump & within a few days, the pump was alarming that there was an "Insulin flow block" 2 to 4 times per day. Each time, I did a full set change. I've had three replacement pumps.

I tried using different cannulas- I prefer the Mio but tried using the Sure-T with the same error occurring; I used cannulas from 4 different boxes (with different lot numbers), I tried using different reservoirs & moved the sites all over my body but I continue to get the "Insulin Flow Block" errors.

I'm currently on pump #4 & sure enough, when I bolused for my dinner I got the dreaded "Insulin Flow Block" alarm.

I don't trust my pump. I feel like I'm going crazy.

Is anyone else having a similar problem???

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello and welcome to the forum @TessG83

I have replied to your other post also as recently had this issue, pump was getting this alarm for insulin flow blocked and I too blamed the cannula sets but pump had developed a hairline crack across the battery compartment, once I got a new pump it's been fine since.

Keep a novorapid pen handy on you at all times and speak to your DSN about seeing a Medtronic rep, in your position I'd want to see the Medtronic rep for reassurance and to talk it through with them.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I would be feeling greatly disillusioned too in your circumstances. I now use the Dexcom G6 which is self funded, but the system has an alarm linked to highs/lows which wake me during the night if I need to take action, perhaps think about doing this until things settle down ?