Falling Asleep At Night

robertbanking

Hello you very wonderful and intelligent individuals that make up these forums. I sincerely hope you are doing well.

I really struggle with tiredness at night, i sometimes am falling asleep on the sofa at around 9pm, then i often wake up about 2am, then it takes me a while to get back to sleep again. I kindly wondered how i could overcome this tiredness please, such as any exercises, maybe drinking more water? If anyone had any thoughts on this i would be forever grateful and thankful, it would be highly appreciated.

Sending you lots of good wishes and i truly hope you have a wonderful life and everything continues to go well for you. All the very best and take care.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to fall asleep in the chair at a similar time. I saw it as a hint that I needed to go up to bed earlier. Most nights I do that. Get into bed with a book then snuggle down relaxed. I wake up early, about 5-6 but find this useful for getting a head start on rising sugar levels. Plus I go swimming 3 days.
I cracked missing programmes on tv by recording absolutely everything we watch and viewing at a time of my choosing.

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @robertbanking Yes another early-to-bed bird here. I used to struggle making myself stay away thinking 9 o’clock was a ridiculous time to go but thought in cave man days, when we didn’t have clocks, I would have gone to bed because I was tired. Now if I’m tired I go to bed and sometimes it’s been know to be 7:30! (Although I have woken up 6 hours later but then I put the bedside light on and read my book/kindle).
Is there a reason you kip on the sofa and not go to bed?

Reactions: cdpm