Famous diabetics

DiabeticGeek

There is a lot of diabetes about, and fame does not make you immune! Lots of well known people have (or had) diabetes - from Elvis Presley to Mikhail Gorbachev. Twenty seconds with google threw up this list of famous diabetics - I'm sure there are hundreds more.

rottweilsteve

Dislikes
incorrect punctuation (see above), Otherwise dishonesty, discrimination, prejudicial behaviour. and general nastiness.
Me - but you probably don't want to know what I'm famous for :mrgreen:

And I'd deny it anyway :wink:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
rottweilsteve said:

Let's see ...you're a rottweiler keeping Welsh rugby player??

rottweilsteve

Dislikes
incorrect punctuation (see above), Otherwise dishonesty, discrimination, prejudicial behaviour. and general nastiness.
sugarless sue said:
Let's see ...you're a rottweiler keeping Welsh rugby player??

No, just looking for one :mrgreen:

sugarybibs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
moaning people who have nothing wrong with them
TheOneBlackTumbi said:
Are there any famous diabetiocs? I;'m oding a project at school.

fanx 4 all your help!
love
tumbi.
They are type 2 though which is completeley different from type 1

LittleSue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Apparently Steve Redgrave is type II (according to DUK website - and I can't find any sites that say he's type I) but a good example as he's far from the "fat, lazy" stereotype.

I'd always assumed he was type I having read he went straight onto insulin and now uses a pump, shoots me down in flames lol

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
LittleSue said:
Apparently Steve Redgrave is type II (according to DUK website - and I can't find any sites that say he's type I) but a good example as he's far from the "fat, lazy" stereotype.

I'd always assumed he was type I having read he went straight onto insulin and now uses a pump, shoots me down in flames lol

I think his problem was that to maintain his gold-medal-winning fitness he had to eat carbs & inject lots of insulin. Then scaling down after his retirement required extreme care. That is the likely reason why he is still on insulin.

DiabeticSkater

anyone seen a pic of ssteve redgrave recently. he is far from what used to be and put on a shedload of weight.

Brett Michaels lead singer of Poison.

Scott Dutton pro surfer

sugar2

I think Dominic Littlewood is, but not sure what type. I don't think that it is something celebs should be ashamed of though!!

nathansdiary

Dislikes
Non diabetics who think they know better and people who keep asking me "are you allowed to eat that?"
rottweilsteve said:

Is it anything to do with what you do after a few drinkies??? :lol: :wink:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Dom Littlewood was on the front of a recent "Balance" I think he's a T1. I can't find my copy to check.

Blackadder

Gary Mabbutt.

Had the luck and privelidge of meeting him a few years ago, what a fantastic sound bloke. Spoke to him about playing football and diabetes.