Fast food question

Azmol.ali

Hi,

Just been diagnosed with type 2. I am trying to keep my sugar level between 5 and 6.9 is fast good OK say once every month?

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
All depends on what it is and how much of it you eat.
Hana

Bluenosesol

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dark mornings, intolerance any one with a superiority complex...
Hi Azmol.ali,

If I eat at fast food places I observe :-

CAN eat - Chicken, (chuck the skin if breadcrumbed), salads, eggs, bacon, burgers without the buns, sugar free drinks

CAN NOT eat - Burger buns, sweeets, chocolates, puddings, chips.

Depends on the type of place really. I pig out about once a month at a Pakistani all u can eat buffet,
I eat chikken tikka, tandoori chicken, sheek khebabs, lamb balti, chick pea curry, mixed veg curry, dhal.
Have to leave out the samosas, roti bread, nans, papadoms, potatoes and of course sweets.

Also eat lots of pub foods, always explain that i am diabetic, usually always guarantees a generous side salad to replace the chips and at Wetherspoons you can get an extra burger with cheese and bacon to replace the bun!.

Also use carveries a lot, eating ALL of the meats on offer with tons of veg especially cauli-cheese!

None of the above spike my blood, but you must do your own testing.

Bon Appetit - Steve.

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hi Azmol.ali

As it is necessary to keep BG levels down I wonder how you are checking what you are eating. I have a Collins Gem Carb Counter which is helpful when keeping track of everything and it gives a small overview of fast foods too.

You will probably find it useful to keep a total food diary and note your test results before and after meals so that you can tell your food is affecting your levels. We are all different so the important thing is to test! 8)