Fasting and night time testing

becki

Hi

I have done the breakfast fasting and have almost completed the lunch fasting, but when it comes to fasting for tea what time do you fast until????

And how long do you test at night for - I'm shattered already and long for a full nights sleep, but you know when that night comes i'll either waken anyway or the kids will get up!

Thanks as always

becki x :D

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not quite sure if I understand what you mean by teatime fasting if you test before your lunch and two hours afterwards then test again before your tea at whatever time you are going to eat then 2 hours after this should tell you what is happening to your BS and you can tell how what you have eaten has effected your levels
CAROL

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Carol, Becki is a Type 1 on a pump and she is doing specific fasting tests to do with being on a pump.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Hi Becki

I have only had to do a couple of teatime fastings months ago, but I have to do one this week. My teatime meal is normally between 6 and 7 pm. So I fasted until just before 10pm last time-which was the longest time I could manage as I was starving.
I had my lunch at 12, so that all the bolus would be out of my system.

If you go high or low during the day before hand and have to give a correction bolus or sweets, don't bother with the testing, as it MAY give a less accurate result....

Hope this helps...Shaxx

becki

Fasting blood results

Hi all,

thats my breakfast, lunch and tea fasting done the results were:

7am 4.9
8am 5.7
9am6.8
10am 6.7
midday 6.1

lunch
midday 5.7
1pm 3.8
2pm 5.2
4pm 4.9
5pm 4.8

tea

5pm 6.0
6pm 6.0
7pm 4.0
8pm 5.6
9pm 4.7

becki x

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Wow Becki what results.....well done you.......be so very proud of yourself.......especially for doing an evening fasting......I personally find them so difficult to do, as I love to sit down in the evenings with a good meal, and hunger by 9pm, well that is undescribable!!!

Well done, what fantastic results......you may find that as the weather alters and hopefully warms up that you need to alter the basals according to how hot or cold the summer is, and also if you eat horrendously more at Christmas time like I do that you may have to adjust your basals in line with your extra qty of bolus's.

Think you done fantastic, so quickly......best wishes xxSha

becki

thanks sha,

now i know there right i am going to focus on carb ratio think lunch & t maybe higher than breakfast