Fasting blood test - Huge anxiety

AnxietyTom1

Oh yeah the doctor also did a HBA1C test aswell, can this detect reactive hypoglycemia or can only a GTT do that? I think reactive hypoglycemia could be something considered for me because every 3-4 hours I do get hungry and start to get symptoms.

Cheers

Danny-Random

You'll be ok just call ambulance if u go too low. Should be ok though I had to fast for 76 hours in a&3 I suffer with anxiety and I also became very agressive at points of the fast because it will get to ya after a good 30 hours but 12 hours is nothing really. I could do 12 hours of just water now before i was very much like yourself worried about hypoglucemia episodes but i get these if I eat aswell so now its just something I deal with daily. As long as you make sure ya looked after while fasting and control ya anxieties to your best you'll be ok I'd imagine.

Danny

AnxietyTom1

Hi guys just thought I'd update.

Called my doctors today and all's I was told is that my blood test results were fine and no further action was needed.

It doesn't explain my excessive thirst although I guess it's just got to be triggered by anxiety. :/

Thanks for all the help/reassurance over the last week,

Cheers

Danny-Random

Congratulations tom, try get some propanolol for ya anxiety it works fantasticly buddy. Im really happy to hear the tests was clear

clockmanuk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, My surgery always do Fasting blood tests early in the morning as Diabetics can't just miss breakfast. They atart at 07:30. If you tell them its for a fasting test I am sure you will be able to get an early appointment so you don't actually have to go 12 hours without food.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
clockmanuk said:
Hi, My surgery always do Fasting blood tests early in the morning as Diabetics can't just miss breakfast.

I often don't eat breakfast, what difference does it make?

I think the anxiety you suffer is fairly common. However, just dont go there, would be my advice. Have a few sips of water during the fasting time, go to the surgery in the morning as early as you can and have the blood test. Dont worry if you dont think you will make it; I can assure you you will.

If you have diabetes you will be placed on the correct medication and carry on before. You are in more danger of bad health by evading the possibility of catching diabetes in its infancy.

Danny-Random

Another possibility to look into WOULD be maybe fasting hypoglycemia which is also a condition very simlar to mine! I have reactive hypoglycemia, fasting hypoglycemia is where you get low sugars if you dont eat often and the right diet is important its I have been put on diazoxide which has worked wonders so far only my second day in I can no longer have sugar because I go too high but the problem is i have high spikes just off natrual sugars so have to be well careful.