Fasting results

Sweet_Sophie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dear people on here,

I’m not posting much but I read you all avidly. I was diagnosed borderline pre-diabetic raising to HbA1c 45 last year... **** year all in all lots of stress and loosing it (my marbles) big time. Since I have followed a restricted eating window and cut sugar and carbs. I have done it with my fitness group (she also advocates the placebo diet) and I have been following it for 3 months.

With my results from last year I have been asked to join a diabetes monitoring group. Yesterday I went to my first meeting. My reading was down to 38 (HbA1c). I was really pleased. However I will still have to stay on this yearly programme.

With fasting I find that my weight is coming down and easier to manage with menopause. I usually have an early lunch and an early dinner. No breakfast. For any lady peri or menopause I would say give it a try. It’s the beginning, baby steps but there is light!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Well done but "Placebo Diet"?

Sweet_Sophie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Placebo diet / Janet Thomson is a kind of licence my instructor runs. So basically you do a kind reset cutting out sugar carbs and no limit vegetables etc... and then you reduce your eating window by fasting 16/8hours or more. So it is kind of LCHF but only the good fats. Also last year I tried slimming world which for me was a disaster. When I was explained how it worked I thought this is not going to help my BG at all esp with the low fat sweetened food they advocate

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Placebo diet / Janet Thomson is a kind of licence my instructor runs. So basically you do a kind reset cutting out sugar carbs and no limit vegetables etc... and then you reduce your eating window by fasting 16/8hours or more. So it is kind of LCHF but only the good fats. Also last year I tried slimming world which for me was a disaster. When I was explained how it worked I thought this is not going to help my BG at all esp with the low fat sweetened food they advocate

OK thats a new one on me.. does it work?
Some of the foodstuffs pictured on the website would highly likely send my blood sugars soaring but if it works for you then great. Do you test your levels frequently?

Sweet_Sophie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No I don’t. I’m sticking to a limited amount of berries for fruit from time to time. Stopped tea completely because I was sleeping very badly. But I only restrict the beetroot as vegetable. I understand that I should test myself but I’m very bad a remembering to do it 1.30/2hours after my meals. What would make you spike bulkbiker ?