Fasting to lower glucose levels

Type of diabetes
Type 2
hi

How long do I need to fast to get my levels down? I woke up with 14.6 and haven’t eaten anything yet. So 20h in, it is still at 12,2. Went to the park with kids and been active and it’s still not down.
I had a naan with curry last night, I know not a good dinner at all.
I really want to eat something but I don’t feel like i can with this high of a level.

Also on the topic of fasting, I discovered Jason Fung and want to try long term fasting. Anyone has any experience with this? Does it help? How long did you fast for safely? What about supplements and medications?

Oh and I’m on metformin and levemir. Levothyroxine too.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What are your blood sugars usually like?
If you're taking insulin, not eating and still have high sugars I'd start to think something else is going on..
How long have you been diagnosed T2?

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Been diagnosed 11years a go and had issues before that. My levels are usually quite high but not this bad. I wake up with 8 and 9 usually and have a bad high spike for a few hours after lunch. Drowsy and all. Didn’t feel that today but my levels are not going down either...

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd suggest a return to your HCP to discuss your insulin dose as it seems it might not be working very well... or you could look at what you eat. But whilst taking insulin you should get professional help before doing anything drastic.